Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nair to go Bald

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nair to go Bald
    Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:22pm

I looked all over the place to see if this was a topic and couldn't find it.  I love my bald look but I am tired of shaving it every few days.  Has anyone heard of someone using Nair on their head?  If so, does it work well?  Does it last longer bald?  If so, how long?  Lastly, does it cause any damage to your hair if you decide to grow it back out?  Anyones facts would be very appreciated.

I accidentally put this on the "Short Hair" board.....sorry

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 1:51am
You should probably read the instructions on the package.  If it's not meant to be used on the head, it'll probably say so.
More awesome than a manatee!
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 10:50am
i saw on another board where a member used nair on his hair and now, he has patches....contact the company and ask them about this
alvin8191 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin8191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 11:31am
For the most part, I keep my head shaved. One time in hopes of finding an easier and longer last alternative I tried Nair. Glad to say that I followed the instuctions about trying a small test area first. It left small spot burning, red and irritated. I wouldn't suggest that you try it.  
short is good, buzzed is better, bald is best!!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 3:29am

Maybe someone should contact the company about putting a warning on the package, if it causes those problems.  I'm surprised there's not one already. . .

More awesome than a manatee!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 10:41pm
I actually know someone who used nair on their head and burnt it off.( they are mentally challenged.)Stick with shaving.It causes burns.The hair literally melted off their head.Your head will be very irritated.And yes it cause damage.Her hair grew back but in patches.I'm assuming your young and dont want to look like your balding.I dont think nair is the way to go in my opinion.
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2005 at 5:45pm

I use Nair for hair removal but I honestly wouldn’t recommend that you use it on your head! Nair is very strong! It can burn and tingle when you use it. I use it but only on parts of my body that I have tested it on so I can be sure I wont have any reactions to it. But if you use it on sensitive skin you can break out on horrible rashes. I would think that it would be too strong to use on your head. And if you want to make sure that you have the ability to re grow the hair on your head in a healthy manor without bald patches and rashes then I would try something else. My boyfriend shaves his head too and although it may be time consuming it’s a lot better then what may happen if you used such a strong hair removal product on your head. Hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic