Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oil
    Posted: September 18 2002 at 7:51pm
I was wondering if it is possible to just buy some jojoba oil so it can be applied to dry hair to depouf it? can you just apply oil like that? and what store would i be able to buy some oil? (could be jojoba, avocado- which do you think is best?)
Thanks
hairdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2002 at 9:58pm
I don`t know about jojoba oil or avocado, but I use baby oil and olive oil like that all the time. Just put a few drops in your hand, rub your hand over your brush, and brush your hair. Or simlply run your hands over your hair. Jojoba oil probably works better than what I use (i just had some extra baby oil lying around--my mom used to use it for dry skin).
~Hairdesigner~
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2002 at 8:15am
Don`t know about avocado oil, but Sally`s Beauty Supply carries jojoba oil - an 8 oz. bottle is around $4.99. You can use it the way you describe on dry hair or comb a few drops through damp hair. Or a trick I learned from somebody is to mix a couple drops of it with a couple drops of Nexxus humectress and comb through damp hair, using the two together as a leave-in conditioner. Does a great job with "depoufing", controlling frizzies, static, etc., and does not look or feel greasy. Good luck!
threejobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threejobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2002 at 8:00am
Sally also sells Hot Six oil. It smells great and does a wonderful job along with a conditioner or alone.
threejobs!
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2002 at 4:51pm
I just heard from a friend that you can put a little bit of conditioner on the ends. Last night I tried it and it made the dry parts really soft. Try it.

KaleidoscopeAmy
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2002 at 9:01pm
well, i don`t have direct access to a Sally Beauty supply so i went to my local Target to look for any alternatives- i found the hot six oil in the african american hair products section. took it home and tried it on dry hair: while it smells a little strange for the first couple minutes that its on- it makes my hair much smoother than it was before. soon i`ll try it on wet hair and try mixing it with my conditioner. Thanks for the help:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic