Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
Author
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 7:29pm
Thank you SHORTSLONG and MIKE!!Embarrassed

I also like the hot rollers look but try not to use them on a daily basis b/c of heat damage. 

Currently (since posting those pics) I've notice A LOT of breakage.  I'm not really sure what is causing it though...hmmm.  I have to wear my hair in a ponytail often b/c of my job.  I try to be careful putting it up but not pulling too tight.  Oh and it seems to be all over, not any one particular place/location.Ermm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 7:30pm
Thank you SHORTSLONG and MIKE!!Embarrassed

I also like the hot rollers look but try not to use them on a daily basis b/c of heat damage. 

Currently (since posting those pics) I've notice A LOT of breakage.  I'm not really sure what is causing it though...hmmm.  I have to wear my hair in a ponytail often b/c of my job.  I try to be careful putting it up but not pulling too tight.  Oh and it seems to be all over, not any one particular place/location.Ermm

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 7:58am
Sorry to hear that
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 3:13pm
Thanks Mike, it stinks, that's for sure!  Especially since I'm not sure what is causing the breakage.Cry
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2010 at 12:13pm
Could it be having it up all the time?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Could it be having it up all the time?

I suppose that could be the case Mike.  My hair is very fine, although I have a lot of it.  I think it's just fragile.

Here is May 1st length:

Annnnnnnnnnnd..... drum roll please! 

Side swept bangs......YAY! (long hair in the front just isn't me!)

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 3:27pm
Jenn, love the bangs! I gave up on my attempt to grow them out too. Our hair is very similar now with the style and length.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2010 at 3:52pm
     Simply stellar, Jenn! The sideswept bangs bring out your features perfectly. Congrats, Bob Wink
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2010 at 3:49am
Wow both pics are great. Keep growing.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2010 at 8:15am
perfect as always!
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2010 at 8:35am
Very pretty Jenn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2010 at 1:03pm
Wow....thanks for all the compliments, guys & gals!!Embarrassed

I'm still not quite used to having bangs again BUT I'm digging the look soooo much more than without bangs.  Just something about my hair line and face shape that doesn't do well without bangs.  I'm definitely happy with this decision! 

It seems that I am *finally* at a place that I can just continue micro-trims to keep my ends happy and just grow, grow, grow!!!  It's only taken 21 mos to arrive here.......hahaha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 5:31am
I should have posted this pic the other day .... oh well!

Anyway, this is the style I am growing to.  I'm only about 6 mos away from starting/cleaning up long layers.

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 7:36am
Jenn, I really like that style. I think with your hair type, you will be able to pull it off well. Will you keep layers all over, or just on the sides?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:08pm
Paper, I will get long layers.  This cut is one reason I went ahead with bangs.  The bangs give me some style for now....while waiting for my hair to grow out to this.  Another year or so, I'm guessing......

Of course, in about 6 mos I'll have to start the long layers, otherwise my hair will just hang.  I'm not super excited about braids and buns, so layers should be fine for me.Tongue
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 10:14pm
I think you'll pull this style off like every other style, great!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 9:55am
Cute second photo: looks like a little girl!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 4:48pm
SHORTYSLONG, you are always so sweet...thank you! MUAH!

Awesome FATMOOGAS, that means I look younger....LOL!!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 8:35am
Wow you can pull off that look. It will be great just to watch it unfold as you get there. Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 11:04am
Thanks MIKE!  I think it will be fun watching it unfold as well.  I'm kinda looking forward to that part.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 16>
  Share Topic