Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best at home perminent hair straigtening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
speedboxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedboxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 10:55pm
Yea I am also wondering if any home relaxers actually last longer than a month. I can barely get my hair to be permanently straight for longer than a week even with DIY chemical straightening.

Edited by speedboxx - April 13 2007 at 10:56pm
fashion Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 12:00pm
Beware, beware of the Ionic Thermal Straighteners sold at Sallys! I use to use the best at home perm for years on my bangs (which are bleached) called Curl Free from White Rain. Anyway, it has been taken off the market (which I still don't understand) and I was forced to find another product. In any event, I tried this Ionic brand for tinted and highlighted hair thinking it must be safer to use on my bangs. You have to flat iron your hair while damp and it fried my bangs!!!

I've mentioned this to several hair professionals and they can't believe you have to apply a flat iron over the perm itself.

I will not use this product again and have since had to buy Curl Free from EBay costing $45.00, but is so worth it to get my old perm back which worked and NEVER damaged my bangs before.

I did notice a new product called Easy Straight at Ulta which seems like it uses a lot less harmful chemicals. Easy Straight offers three different straightening systems. Also, I find the hair professionals at Ulta are much more helpful and knowlegable when it comes to chemical products then do the staff at Sallys.

Good luck.
Fashion Girl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic