Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Terrible Bohyme, need your opinion on my story !!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terrible Bohyme, need your opinion on my story !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 1:33am
ive had the same problem with the bohyme hair and i bought from a different company i think i got a bad batch because other members here were complaining that they got a bad batch of blonde bohyme hair at the same time
im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 7:19am
Well, thanks for all your repplies girls!
My intuition also is that I didn't get Bohyme hair but some other brand and they put the wrong label on it or something.
The so-called Bohyme I got didn't look at all like asian hair, but rather like low quality indian hair, IMO, but I am not a world expert either.Geek
Thanks for your comments Sherrie. I now use non sulfate organic shampoos -and my Mom too now!!- and I saw a diference quite fast.Thumbs%20Up
I intend to use a shower filter later on too, but I don't think it's the problem. I had this terrible afro-like hair when I was in France and then I took the crapy hair out and put in a mix of my old Glamourhair silky straight weft + a little bit of this bad hair and this hair kept on looking great, even in France, or now that I am here too.
So I don't think it's a problem of quality of water, but good idea though!
When I first ordered the Bohyme hair it was from Ebonyline, they told me they were out of stock in 24 color and added that the Bohyme manufacturer in the us was out of stock as well in regular wefted blonde hair.
So then I turned to Hairandextensions.com, and ordered w/ a very expensive international shipping option ($60) to get the package in 2 days in France.
My guess is that they were maybe out of stock too in the colors I wanted and decided to put another brand of hair w/ a Bohyme label on it, because they had to send it quick to me, I don't know though.. I just think it's weird that on the two pieces of Bohyme hair, they were both identically ugly!
I hate to put so much money on hair and be disapointed in the end!

bertakroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertakroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 12:59pm
Frenchie

I had a bad luck with Bohyme too. But my problem was that after few washes the hair got so bad, felt like a wire. When it was installed it looked very good. I don't know if I just used a wrong shampoo or something. Usually I don't use cheap ones. Can anybody give any care advice on Bohyme?
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 1:16pm
Definitely something wrong there chick, that's got to be a bad batch.  You can use any shampoo on bohyme, blimey, sometimes when I've got no shampoo I use the hubby's shower gel on it but finish off with goldwell conditioner, I never scrimp on that but I've never had any problems with it x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by bertakroll bertakroll wrote:

Frenchie

I had a bad luck with Bohyme too. But my problem was that after few washes the hair got so bad, felt like a wire. When it was installed it looked very good. I don't know if I just used a wrong shampoo or something. Usually I don't use cheap ones. Can anybody give any care advice on Bohyme?

I think Sherrie's got some great advice (I reposted it below in case you missed it) I now only use non-sulfate freee shampoos too and eventually I will be replacing my showerhead with a shower filter too..

What shampoo were you using???

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

When I finally started listening to some reviews I had seen of shower filters, it finally dawned on me. I moved from the country, a house that had a water softener....to a condo in town with city water. I had a very HIGH chlorine content. I went out and got a shower filter and was AMAZED at the difference it made. Along with switching to non sulfate shampoo. Ive had a huge differnce in how hair wears.

Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
bertakroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertakroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 1:27pm
Diva

I don't remember what I was using at that time. Which brand of non sulfate shampoo is preferable? Thanks. Although, installing a "shower filter" sounds somewhat funny to me.Hug
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by bertakroll bertakroll wrote:

Diva

I don't remember what I was using at that time. Which brand of non sulfate shampoo is preferable? Thanks. Although, installing a "shower filter" sounds somewhat funny to me.Hug
Edited: To remove my post.. You better figure out which shampoo to PRETEND like you're using for your next alias from someone else freakazoid...

Edited by Divavocals - October 03 2006 at 7:54pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 3:28pm
Hi Girls,
Well I did use a non sulfate shampoo, which, it's true, seems to make a big difference.
I really think something was wrong from the hair or probably the company, that put the wrong tag on it or something...
Grandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 10:34am
I really appreciate the info from this forum's users!!!  Just as I get ready to order product or do a new install,  I find myself reviewing all the posts to see if there's something new I should consider.  It is so helpful to find advice from real users of the different products - hopefully to avoid making the same mistakes as others.  Thank you for the sharing and caring opportunity Smile

I've been using the same wefts of Bohyme Gold 24" Silky Straight since May 06 - 3 installs with no tangles or other problems.  Sherrie didn't sell this at the time I purchased it, but I would trust her Bohyme quality to be as good or better as what I purchased elsewhere.  Both Sherrie and AMM have great products and their knowledge and customer service are unbeatable Clap 
Shampoo:  I use non-sulfate, but it doesn't seem to matter which brand I use.  Price, availability and fragrance are what varies.  Always heard that you should dilute your shampoo so I mix 50 - 75% water into one of those bottles meant for applying hair color (long nose on it).  It is easy for me then to apply the diluted shampoo directly on my scalp between the wefts, rub that gently in.  I just do a squirt over the long extensions - because it's not like they are greasy afterall! 
Conditioner:  This is where they tell you to spend your money because some actually penetrate and nourish the hair - if left on for the suggested time whereas shampoo is usually in your hair for a brief period.  When my own hair was waist length I was told not to use certain products (like Pantene) because there would be a residue built up . . . so I didn't.  But guess what I use on my extensions?  Yep, Pantene Deep Fortyfing Treatment.  I don't care for their new "Restoratives" line as well.  This was the only product that worked for me on some of my first crappy quality hair extensions, to make them less tangly.  Seems like there is a plastic quality from the stuff (silicone-like?) that helps maintenance on the extensions.  Downside . . . I'm sure it's not the best thing to use on the natural hair, so I keep it away from my own length as much as possible.  I'm sure it would be hell on the protac (?) users as well, if this got near the taped wefts.
Shower filter sounds like a great help!     Frenchie, you just could not have gotten the true Bohyme.  The post above that refers to Bohyme's 90 day guarantee - maybe they will help you on this - best of luck!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 10:45am
Hi Miss "grandma"!
You're very welcome.
I have benefited so much from this forum, first by reading, then by being a part of it, it's a pleasure if I can help others in return.
I think what matters w/ Bohyme is to pay attention, who you got it from, try to order w/ a respectable person/website.
I emailed hairandextensions.com about the problems I have experienced w/ their hair and they didn't email me back.
I asked about 90 days garanty and nothing came in return.Cry
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 4:49pm
One company may be out of a certain color while another may have it in stock. Just because one place doesn't have this color and hairandextensions does, doesn't automatically mean they took a Bohyme tag and stuck it on some other hair.

hairandextensions has *always* sent me the exact brand of hair I've ordered. Are you actually suggesting they've attempted to fraud you?
nicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 11:45am
Confused
louxx
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 12:35pm

I am not sure about anything. I just know that when you pay $300 for nice Bohyme and you get two bad wefts, there must be a reason. I can only speculate whyErmm

ANTYLOOPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANTYLOOPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by frenchie1 frenchie1 wrote:

I am not sure about anything. I just know that when you pay $300 for nice Bohyme and you get two bad wefts, there must be a reason. I can only speculate whyErmm

I'll defenitely ask the company for a refund!
I started using Bohyme about 3 years ago, and for a year I didn't have any problem with them. (I used www.superhairfactory.com)
but then as I continued buing the hair, the quality dropped so bad, thet I finnaly stopped buing them.
Now if I have to order bohyme for one of my clients, I make sure that I get Hand tied ones.I never had any issue with those. I know they are more expensive, but it's really worth it!!!
Also as I'm getting better at doing extensions, I figure out that bohyme hair is not good after all ( only for asian and african-american ppl)
I used to wear them ,but now when I look at the pictures of myself from 3 years ago, I can really tell what a terrible extensions ,and fake looking they are!!!
NOT for European kind of hair !!!
JMHO
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by ANTYLOOPA ANTYLOOPA wrote:

I started using Bohyme about 3 years ago, and for a year I didn't have any problem with them. (I used www.superhairfactory.com)
but then as I continued buing the hair, the quality dropped so bad, thet I finnaly stopped buing them.
Now if I have to order bohyme for one of my clients, I make sure that I get Hand tied ones.I never had any issue with those. I know they are more expensive, but it's really worth it!!!
Also as I'm getting better at doing extensions, I figure out that bohyme hair is not good after all ( only for asian and african-american ppl)
I used to wear them ,but now when I look at the pictures of myself from 3 years ago, I can really tell what a terrible extensions ,and fake looking they are!!!
NOT for European kind of hair !!!
JMHO

Curious.. what makes Bohyme only suitable for African Americans when MANY of their textures CLEARLY do not blend with African American hair types???

Edited by Divavocals - October 12 2006 at 2:34pm

Shontellebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shontellebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 3:47pm
I got my Bohyme in the original Bohyme package, and now I look like a nuclear blast. Maybe some packages are good, but if they have 50/50 that sucks. Never again!
ANTYLOOPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANTYLOOPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

I started using Bohyme about 3 years ago, and for a year I didn't have any problem with them. (I used www.superhairfactory.com)
NOT for European kind of hair !!!
JMHO

Curious.. what makes Bohyme only suitable for African Americans when MANY of their textures CLEARLY do not blend with African American hair types???
NO offense to anyone!!!
I didn't say ONLY for african american hair!!!
I have many of my Af-AM friends, that are wearing bohyme, but only if they are saw in to their corn rows and none of their own hair shows thru. And if they got good batch of hair, it'll easly last them for 4 months.
And as for asian hair, CLEARLY that,  there is no problem to blend asian extensions, with their hair.

Edited by ANTYLOOPA - October 12 2006 at 4:15pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 4:12pm
Who'd you buy the hair from?? You might try talking to the vendor.. Perhaps they would be willing to work with you..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 4:16pm

NO offense to anyone!!!
I didn't say ONLY for african american hair!!!
I have many of my Af-AM friends, that are wearing bohyme, but only if they are saw in to their corn rows. And if they got good batch of hair, it'll easly last them for 4 months.
And as for asian hair, CLEARLY that,  there is no problem to blend asian extensions, with their hair.
Okay, no offense taken.. but I still don't understand the point of your first post.. Why is this hair only suitable for African American's when many of the textures do not blend well with this hair type???

Edited by Divavocals - October 12 2006 at 8:53pm

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 8:05am
Hi Ladies!
Well I asked for a refund, didn't get any answers!
That's what makes me question the quality of the customer service.
I don't question the quality of Bohyme hair, I am just afraid -not accusing anyone ok?!- that it's counterfeited by some chinese companies maybe, and then sold to american/european retailers as genuine Bohyme.
I think I'll have to be picky with who I order the hair from, that's why I ordered two Bohyme wefts from Sherrie, because I know I can totally trust the origin of the hair, she ordered from the Bohyme company directly.
And then I think ordering only handtied weft is a good idea too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic