Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Got My Hair! Pics Included

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 7:54am
What is the chances of hair loss with the LG method/sandwiching?

I don't want to loose any of my natural hair!!!

And I did read up a little at sherries site...  still reading though.Wink
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 11:24am
I don'tuse that much LGGG.....just a bit to re-inforce the ends and a couple of spots in between. It will break down over the life of your install. Of course you will see what seems to be alot of hair loss but this is your normal day to day shedding that obviously stays in the tape and lg because it can't just dropout. I find that for me, the clip ins tear my hair way more and pull alot, if you don't wear them everyday I guess they would be ok over a extended length of time. They just drive me nuts and I'm always un clipping and re-clipping all day.

How long have you been wearing clip ins?

Everyone finds what works best for them!

Merry Christmas!
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2007 at 1:02pm
I got my first set (synthetic) at Sally's after a very bad hair cut in August.  My hair was down the middle of my back and she WHAPPED it all off in the blink of an eye.Dead  Layered from the shoulders up.  >gagging<  It has grown a good bit since...  the top layer finally hits the base of my skull.Clap  I've been taking Body, Hair, Skin & Nails when I remember.LOL

I don't really mind the clip ins though.  They are a bit irritating but that's the price of beauty eh?  It hurts to be beautiful!LOL

I was mess'in around with them last night.  I sewed the last piece I had and got my scissors after them.  I need to take another gander because when I went to work today, I put my top row second and my second row on top.Confused  I was up late and obviously not quite awake even after a shower.Sleepy  I'll mess with them later... Maybe... right now, I don't feel like doing anything.  The kids got me WHOPPED.Ouch 

Merry Christmas!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 7:51am
Hey Addy, I wear the tape/LG combo like jeepgirl and am in complete agreement with everything she says. I have worn LG bonded wefts, latex bonded wefts, microringed wefts, fusion, microrings, trumpets, shrinkies, you name it Ive used it. About the only thing I havent tried is a sew in or pinchbraids

I find the tape method to be one of the gentler methods that Ive used, and one of the easiest for a DIY'er.  If you decide at some point that you dont want to fuss with the clip ins on a daily basis or want something a bit more permanent, then the tape method may be the perfect transistion from clip ins.
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 9:20pm
Thanks sherrie. 

And may I just say that your hair is GORGEOUS!

I dunno though...  I just can't seem to wrap my head around how the tape actually works.Confused  It's confusing and quite frankly, I don't understand it at all.  It makes me feel sooo stupid.Embarrassed

Can you explain it in DUMMIES Term? LOL

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 9:45pm
Hey Addy, I would use as little LG as possible. If you don't mind
boogers in your hair (and some people don't) then try the LG otherwise go with the tape method. I also think the tape removes a lot easier than LG.

I wore clip ins for a year. It did get annoying after a while and they
aren't comfortable. Some days I didn't feel them but most of the time
I did. It was nice to take them out but I have the sew in tracks now
and it's like I forget I have anything on.

Good luck!!

Edited by malibu - December 26 2007 at 9:46pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic