Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your long hair in 2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2003 at 12:56am
Hi all,

To Karen Marie Accolady, you have gorgeous hair. I had not been to your site until today when Karen Marie Shelton posted the link. WOW.

To Karen Marie Shelton, I guess I will just have to go ahead and shoot myself and get it over with if you are adding even more hair toys. Geez. Someone told me you had some France Luxe toys. So I made the mistake of going there. UGH. There must be 1,000 France Luxe toys alone.

More hair toys? More products? I am burning my checkbook.

Constance
grenwich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grenwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2003 at 4:26pm
KarenMarie does have fabulous hair!!!

My hair goals for 2004.
Continued growth - with the eventual goal of midthigh for now, but we'll see. I want to find terminal, I'm just afraid it's probably midthigh.
Thicker ends. I think this is just a dream....
To learn to love my greys. I haven't coloured in a year now, so my greys are very evident - I fight the occasional battle - just get the color and cover them! take 10 years off. Ahhhh self acceptance.

Gren

1bCiii
between tailbone and classic (43.5inches)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2003 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by krzysztof krzysztof wrote:

wow!!! I love Karen Maries hair its so long and healthy looking, right now my hair is nearly down to my lower back. I want to grow it down to about knee length long way to go!
and I was determined not to cut my hair short so i joined the long hair magazines long hair project ^_^. I hope I can stick to it lol

Hi Krzysztof... what is the long hair magazine's long hair project? I'm curious...
krzysztof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krzysztof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2003 at 7:47pm
[/QUOTE]
Hi Krzysztof... what is the long hair magazine's long hair project? I'm curious...
[/QUOTE]

The long hair magazine site has a section called long hair project, its for women who want to grow long hair. What we do is send a picture of how long our hair is and why we want long hair, then every few months we send in more pictures of how long the hair has grown.
Aeryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2003 at 10:49am
Hi, I am new to this board. *waves* Right now I got shoulder length hair, already about 1/2 inch past shoulders which isn't much! My ultimate goal is waist length or near butt hair. I used to have hair that is long to my hips when I was younger. But for 2004 I hope to grow at least 6 to 8 inches of hair from this current length. Also, to take really good care of my hair using lots of shine and conditioners to infuse it with strength.
Karen Marie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2003 at 6:59pm

Quote aren Shelton wrote:
So there will be lots more hair toys to see in 2004. Whoopeeee. :-)

Yes! Oh, this is great news!
I've been trying to wear more of my hair
toys lately, many of which I purchased from
the Marketplace, what a great place to
shop for hair toys!

Quote aren Shelton wrote one Karen Marie to another. :-)

Oh, and a great big New Year's hug
right back atcha!

Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 1:54pm
Talking about letting my hair grow, here is a picture of my hair. Its 31" long (from the front). It was taken with my new digital camera that I got for christmas..Yippie!!!

edited to add..lets see if this works!

HunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 3:18pm
for 2004 I'm planning to grow my hair really long. After a bad hair cut where my stylist cut off 4 more inches then I wanted to be cut off, I'm left with hair just above my shoulders, I was devastated. I'm definitley growing my hair really long this year and not going to that stylist ever again.
Last Cut: Thurs. Dec 17 2003
Length: 12 1/2 inches
Goal: Mid-Back (24 inches)
Next Planned Trim: Dec 17 2006
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2004 at 10:45pm
My hair is growing, but I'm still having a problem with getting it to a length I want without having to cut off the split ends, and thus, the length.

I've noticed a definite increase in thickness and had planned on trying to grow it a couple of inches past the middle of my back, but now I'm thinking of just keeping it at 3-5 inches past my shoulders.

I'm also thinking about a color change. Maybe a very light ash blonde in front (highlights) with a honey blonde on the sides/back. I've grown my bangs out to my chin now, and am going to keep growing those out until they are to my shoulders.

I'd love to have the beautiful hair of the people here - all of you have really fabulous hair and I LOVE looking at all of the pictures!

Kris :)
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2004 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Kateyez37 Kateyez37 wrote:

I'm also thinking about a color change. Maybe a very light ash blonde in front (highlights) with a honey blonde on the sides/back.

I think that color would look fabulous on you! Haveyou ever been that blonde before?
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2004 at 7:49pm
I'm aiming to grow my hair to waistlength. My goal is to continue my haircare regime, and be especially careful of the ends.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 12:37pm
Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for pointing that out. I would have never known what the long hair magazine project was. Very cool. I wish you well attaining your length, but one look at the photo of your healthy, thick hair confirms that you will absolutely be able to grow it as long as you wish.

Hello, Aeryn, and welcome to the board! Your hair plans for this year sound excellent.

Laine -- I am blown away. Your hair is gorgeous!

Hey HunnyBunny! (heh, cute name)... I feel badly for your suffering inflicted by the hair butcher. I am sure your hair will once again be as long as you want it to be.

Howdy Kateyez! (Is that a proper way to greet a Texan?) It isn't easy to have really long, thick -- and lightened -- hair. It might come down to what you want most -- longer hair (past the middle of your back) or lighter hair. Might. What is your natural color? I'm guessing it's a darker shade of brown, and I'm sure it would be flattering to you. Of course, so is your current color (as shown in the pic). IMO you can't "go wrong" no matter what you choose.

Greetings, papillon purple! I'm guessing that you will reach your length goal at the end of next year... you're well on your way and by the end of this year will be 50% closer than you are now. great!

Thank you all for your replies. I wish you all the best with your hair goals in 2004!

HunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 9:10pm
DaveDecker, Thnx for your support :) And Yeah he really is a hair butcher
Last Cut: Thurs. Dec 17 2003
Length: 12 1/2 inches
Goal: Mid-Back (24 inches)
Next Planned Trim: Dec 17 2006
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2004 at 11:41pm
Dave,
Thanks. I'm trying hard to grow it out. I also try to use minimal hair drying on it. just kinda last minute to get the few waves out. I'm going to let it keep growing too. We'll see how long it gets!
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2004 at 7:12pm
Hi, Hal and thanks! Yes, I've actually been a lighter blonde most of my life (just the past few years I've kept it at a lighter brown/dark blonde color). I don't think the pictures really represent the way my hair looks in r/l. It's a dark blonde, but gets very blonde in the sun.

Hi Dave :) Actually, my natural color is a light brown, and (like I said above) gets blonde after a couple of times in the sun. My eyelashes and eyebrows have always been dark for some reason, but my hair has been lighter, but more of a mousy color. I agree that it's hard to have a really light (bleach) color on your hair and have it ultra long as well. Something is usually compromised in the process, and my hair doesn't get to a very light blonde unless it's bleached or I've been in the sun.

Thanks again. :)

Kris
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2004 at 9:34pm
Laine, your hair reminds me of mine (only yours looks better)!

papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2004 at 9:35pm
Thanks Dave! You're right, my hair will be even more on it's way to the length I want it. I just hope it will actually grow that long, I'm not sure what the terminal length is (yet).
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2004 at 11:59pm
Hi Amanda,
wow your hair has really grown! My hair doesn't normally look that nice, I had blow dryed it for a few min, otherwise I have a few waves in the back.
Nice to see you around, and thanks for the compliment!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 9:38am
Haven't we all got some great resolutions then?
Hope everyone has what they want for Christmas 2004!

I've decided to stop trimming, my layers weren't growing anyway for some reason, so I'll ignore 'em.

I'll let it grow for my sixteenth in July, and by the time I start college in September I'll be at my goal of about 8cm longer than now, possibly past it and almost definately inspired to grow it longer!

I'll also condition more, and tie up my ends more often, so more buns and plaits for me.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erinlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2004 at 6:22am
Karen Marie-- How in the world does you hair end up so super curly looking like that!!! My hair never holds the curl like that...its holds waves a bit better but I cant seem to get the top part of my hair to not be weighed down so much that the curls fall out of the top. It certainly doesnt help that Im now in Florida where the humidity takes all curl out!

Anywasy you have lovely lovely hair and are quite beautiful too.

My goals this year are to lose more weight and keep excercizeing. how is this hair related? Well I will feel better about having long hair if my body is well enough fit. In Karens site it speaks about how we must be long hair ambassadors and look our best. The typical vision people seem to have about a long hair girl is that they look frumpy. As long as I am heavy I feel frumpy and having very long hair (or very short hair) really can add to a frumpy look. So if I loose the weight the hair will feel better on me.

Okay for the hair itself I wont be doing much cutting (as usual) much to my mothers dismay. My hair will just grow as it pleases untill i need a trim.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic