Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We all know afro hair grows slow...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 5:35pm
Here's a thought:

Ever wonder why it is that all of the other hair on our body (and I do mean all other hairWink) grows normally and doesn't fall out? In fact, it doesn't seem affected by water at all.

I mean isn't that the biggest misconception about 'our' hair? That if it touches water or gets washed every day it will be damaged and fall out???? It got me thinking, what if we all washed our hair everyday just like every other race that has long, flowing hair? What if that was the reason our hair appears to grow slower and shorter than everyone else?

Just think about it. We use the most products out of anybody else and that causes build up on our scalp. If we washed everyday like every other woman in every other race, maybe our scalps wouldn't be clogged with products and that would eliminate the damage and breaking. I mean, our hair is kind of like a plant and plants need water right?idea

What if yall, what if this was the answer to a long history of hair myths and practices that just make us spend all kinds of money on products and eventually have to side with a wig, weave, or braids cuz our hair is so damaged from being toyed with. All it needs is WATER!!!! Wow, how liberating would that be?mickey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic