Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From dark brown to med brown hair only? Why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 78>
Author
YaYa816 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYa816 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 10:51pm
Hello there Forum!!  I'm a Lace Front Wig Lover/Addict/Wearer.  I was on another site that I really liked.  But the "drama" just got to be a bit too much for me.  I'm here to talk and learn about hair and hair care.  Hollah!barmy
YaYa816 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYa816 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 10:52pm
Hello there Forum!!  I'm a Lace Front Wig Lover/Addict/Wearer.  I was on another site that I really liked.  But the "drama" just got to be a bit too much for me.  I'm here to talk and learn about hair and hair care.  Nice you meet you guyz.  Hollah!barmy
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 7:22am
Hi Mike

I just check your pictures our.  Wow.  Your hair is soo long!  Lovely.
Where there is a will there is a way

http://public.fotki.com/jackie23/
starsaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 10:26pm
Hi everyone
My name is Star and I have long curly, frizzy hair and I need help on getting it healthy and tame my frizzies. I just saw this site and really would love to get to know all of you. I love the fact that i can get REAL info on reviews on products and tips and hints from  REAL people :0)
  I'm 29 years old and I feel like I have tried everything in getting my hair under control and nothings has worked. I use to hate my hair cause of all the frizziness and so I tried going stright..well my hair would not go for that...lol...it would stay striaght for awhile then go back curly and frizzy. Please help...lol....can I please gain access to all the posts and replys? Thank you all so much and I can't wait to get to meet u all.

Have a great night,
Star
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 7:46am
Hi Star,
You already have permission to view all the posts on the site.   (Everyone does, unless their  IP has been blocked in the past for rude behavior.)

Here is a link to a thread about how to use jojoba oil.  This can help you reduce frizz.  (You can also use coconut oil, or other such products of your choice).

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1085&KW=+Oil

Edited by Susan W - September 09 2008 at 7:47am
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
alyssa libson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alyssa libson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 3:54pm
hi, im alyssa and im a newly qualified hairdresser! basically hair is my obsession and i was trying to find somewhere to swap tips and get peoples opinions and i found here! hope im going to love it. x.
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2008 at 11:11pm
Hi All!
My name is Kate and I am a big fan of beauty tips and tricks and especially cool hairstyles. Lately I haven't had as much time to do my hair as I used to, but I'm on the lookout for fast and fabulous styles. I am sure I will find some great ones here!

Hope you all have a great day... TGIF!! :)

Cheers!
Kate
~
Life Love Beauty
Brittanica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brittanica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2008 at 6:27pm
Hey, this is a cool forum. I am a mother with a daughter whose hair I am learning to do. I'm not so great at it, but hopefully, this forum will help! Actually, my friends and I are starting up a Girls Accessories business. If any of you want to check it out, here it is: angelasaccessories.blogspot.com.
Emuvox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emuvox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2008 at 2:54am
Hi there
I have just joined this site and looking for advice on a good summer hair style for me (I am in Australia so starting to warm up).  I am a 41yo working mother with very thick fast growing hair.  here is a picture of me:
and another here:
I usually use a hair straightener on my hair but not sure if I can be bothered over summer as I will be swimming a lot and is also very humid where I am.  I am wondering if I can get away with a pixie cut with my face.  I have kind of a big nose.
Not sure if this is the best place to post this question so will make a separate thread on it as well.
Emu
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 4:03pm
I don't think you should worry about your nose but you do have a somewhat square jaw area and a slightly pointed chin and your face shape would need some height on top to help balance.  Otherwise the jaw and chin would be more prominent with a super short pixie.

I went ahead and put your image through the HairBoutique.com HairWizard located in the myHairBoutique.com section of the site
to see what you might look like with a modified pixie that had some height built in the top.  If you hair has natural texture, as it grows out you could use it to help build in the slightly spiked appearance which would balance your chin and jaw.

This is probably not as short as you wanted BUT if you went with a pixie and made sure there was enough length on top to ruffle it up, I think it would be very cute.  Also, you do need to keep some hair on your forehead for overall balance.

Of course this is just my opinion.  You do look cute with your short hair in your original photo.

Edited by carrie - September 27 2008 at 4:16pm
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
mmikage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmikage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 9:50am
Hello~! I'm new. Nice to meet you all!
Sindy&Kids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sindy&Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 2:06am
HI everyone! My name is Sindy and I am a CC mom and the mother of two Ethiopian little girls (adopted). I  stumbled upon this site by accident and would love to get advice on hair styles as well as share information that I have found works well for my daughters as well.

Smile
Sindy Loves Her Kids
nbrickhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nbrickhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 1:00pm
Hello everyone on Hair Boutique! My name is Tasha and I am a 28yr old mother of four. Two girls and two boys and 3 of them have long hair. My hair is shoulder length and fine/normal texture. I have always wanted to do hair and I went to hair school in May of 2006. I have not finished yet because I had two boys and became lazy but I am going to finish this time. I eventually plan on owning my own shop. I am here to get tips and advice on hair care and to share thoughts and experiences that I have. I didn't know this site was here and stumbled over it looking for advice on the internet about haircolor. I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site. Thank you for starting this site.
dbrunson2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbrunson2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 7:57am
Hi my name is Danielle brunson im a 40 year old divorcee with a 12 year old beautiful daughter. My hair type is naturally wavy/fine i hated the waves so decided 2 perm hair when i was 21 and loved it.  Doesnt take much 4 my hair due 2 the type,  i perm every 3 months( due 2 hate the waves...lol) My 12 year old Destinie was blessed with very, very coarse hair and is now shoulder length. Due 2 the different hair types i was unable 2 maintain her hair so she was going 2 the beauty parlor since 3 years of age getting it pressed. Beautician that pressed it for years wasnt really taking care of it like i liked it so decided 2 perm it at age 11. So i am in need of lots of tips any one can give me on keeping her hair healthy, long and beautiful as well as mind.Smile
boc6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boc6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 11:42am
hi i'm new here.i love long hair perms on men and women.a very intriguing subject to me.my hair is growing only 4 inches long at the moment.my wifes hair is 20 inches long and growing.i do get to set it for her,wash it dry it and brush it
d170lo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d170lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2008 at 11:50pm
HI
i am newbie in here. i come from indonesia. Nice to join with this forum and get knowledge in here. God Bless
http://hairextensions4you.blogspot.com/
drmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2008 at 5:44am
I am totally fed up with all this confusion about hair loss and masturbation......

Here i want to clear one thing....Masturbation or in simple words .....SEX(Ejaculation) always leads to wide problem of Hairloss.......Unhappy

So stay away from these activities as much as you can............Broken%20Heart

Now come to actual problem Hairloss.....Approve

I am presenting here 9 Herb Great Herbal Remedy for Hairloss

This secret formula is known as ZYX hair cream. It’s just not another cream. It is a wonderful herbal formulation that will change your life entirely. ZYX hair cream is a unique herbal formulation that will solve all your hair problems in mater of few days.

More on ZyxHairCream
justinashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2008 at 6:25pm
Hi!  I was googling "hair color mistakes" and ended up here...I'm looking forward to learning how to correct my dumb hair mistakes!

Love hair, have been changing my hair styles and color all of my adult life.  I'm currently red/cranberry looking to go a lighter orange color.  I don't know how, but I'll figure it out.

Being on a budget, you can get REALLY creative!!!

Edited by justinashley - November 18 2008 at 12:25pm
reddtweetyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddtweetyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2008 at 7:58pm
Hello, my name is Lavonda and I am a newbie here. As a child, I always wanted long hair especially with living with two sisters who had hair down their back. I was recently blessed with my own creation (Gro-aut Oil) that has been the only product out there to finally grow my hair to my desired length. I lurk through hair care forums at times (when I have the time which is rarely) just to see what others are doing to grow their hair or to keep their hair healthy afterall knowledge is the key and no one person knows everything, so I look for answers and tips from multiple hair care lovers like myself. I also lurk just to see pictures of other people who has long beautiful hair as long hair is one of my true loves. Star
And if you happen to know someone in need you could be their blessing...
jilldun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jilldun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 10:36pm
Hi my name is Jill and I'm a 21 year old film student at U of M. I came to this site because I've been somewhat unsure about my hairstyle and the direction I'd like to take it in. Right now I have medium (i think) bangs coming down my forehead, and long hair around it that I pull back and tie. I'm mostly happy with this look, but I'd like to some day try some kind of hairstyle with my hair down, and I'd also be interested in how I would go about trying to integrate my bangs into the rest of my hair if I wanted a less bangy look.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 78>
  Share Topic