Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From dark brown to med brown hair only? Why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 78>
Author
krystlegarrison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krystlegarrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 3:27pm
Hello Everyone,
   I'm new to this website, however, I am not new to hair. My life revolves around it! I've been a professional hairstylist for almost 5 years now. I worked in a salon for the most part of it ( which I loved) and I just left to start a new beginning. I'm a hair technician for a company called Hair Direct, which amazings me everyday. I'm trained in styling wigs and toupees, as well as coloring, attaching and pretty much any other service for them! My passion is actually makeup though. I love it! Unfortunately, where I live is not a good place to make a living by doing makeup. My hair has been every color you can imagine and i am ever changing. I let it grow real long and then cut it real short. I'd be glad to help with any questions. Just give me a shout out. happy Hair days!Wink
Krystle
melweb75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melweb75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Hi everyone, newbies and otherwise!

Let's post our introductions in this thread (which I've made a "sticky") so that we can actually have a conversation upon your welcome.  (It seems lots of newbies post "hi" messages to which there are no or few replies, and that ain't right).

So, introduce yourself here, and tell us all a bit about your preferences, thoughts and opinions on hair -- and of course, be sure to let us know a bit about your own hair.

Hi there. I need some advice about hair coloring. I did a dusy if that is how you spell it lol. I have naturally curly hair. I have been using blonding products from Garnier Nutrisse to Clariol. Mostly to keep up my roots. But it has been getting harder to maintain and I am getting aot of yellowy brassy tones after I do it about every 4 to 5 weeks.
WestRapStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestRapStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2009 at 2:31pm
hello everyone new to the site , i came on here to get help with my hair lol ,, and to check out the diff methods for diff hair styles ,,,,,,,, the type of hair i have , my hairs straight as a arrow doesnt take much for it to lay down when its short and onces it get to a sertin length its curly , like i can throw some water and gel and have the best curl on the block  , my problem is , that i want waves i been  brushing like crazy in the 360 pattern and using sportin waves and motions and carrot cream  for the last 4 weeks and havent seen any progresss at all , should i keep going or should i use a kit ????????? please help im trynna get my diddy on
laybackspin1993 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laybackspin1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2009 at 3:05am
Hi everyone. I'm new :) My name is Karrie and i'm from the UK. I am currently trying to get my hair to my waist, all one legth. At the moment the ends are at the middle of my back, whilst what used to be my side-fringe is about 3 inches below my chin. My hair is naturally dead straight, which I used to hate and even went as far as perming 3 years ago, which didnt help it just made my hair really really dry.

I've been dying my hair since I was 10, I last coloured it in September to a light brown shade, it has now all faded and is my natural colour of browny-blonde :). My hair grows at a unbelieveable fast pace - at least an inch a month - which prompts my friends to call me 'little-miss-miracle-grow' and always poses a problem when colouring my hair.

Well i look forward to meeting you all x x

reen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2009 at 10:03am
Hi, my name is Doreen.  I finished chemo in Oct. and am very impatient about my hair growth.  Can someone please point me in the direction of any info as far as what length I can get extensions or if this even a good idea.  I feel very uncomfortable with my looks right now and would appreciate any help.  Thanks so much.
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2009 at 3:15pm
Hi  

This message is for Krystle

Q.I only apply Nexxus Emergencee to my roots and I add Organic Mayo to the ends and cover with a shower cap and the following I go to the hair dressers.   I got carried away with the organic mayo and added to whole head.  I got some breakage.  My hair have gained about 3/4 inches in a few months.  I am wondering why I am getting breakage.  The hair dresser was also adding neQual INTENSIVE ENEGIZING HAIR LOTION Stimulating lotion useful in helping to prevent hair loss.  I  have decided to not use this as I think that this is another protein and is causing my hair to break.  Do I still need a deep condioner?   My hair is thin, want it to be thicker.  All advise is welcome.  My stylist told if you have thin hair it would always be thin.  I don't believe this.  My hair was getting fuller without the flat iron. I tried the Nexxus Shampoo, i did not like as this was not a detangle:( I thought this was a detangler:(  I want to try the Nexxus Sleektrees..

Edited by jackie23 - February 16 2009 at 9:21pm
Where there is a will there is a way

http://public.fotki.com/jackie23/
Lynne Chapman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynne Chapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2009 at 9:06pm
Hello,
I'm Lynne and I'll never read all the posts in this thread Smile
I'm a hairdresser and have been for ever. I love talking hair and learning every one's thoughts and ideas.  I'm always looking for new techniques and styles.

I've had short hair most of my adult life since it is curly and has too much body. It likes to be BIG Hair but my face is too small for it. Now my hair is collar bone length and I love it. It swings. I use a flat iron to straighten it.  
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=BLUE][B]Lynne Chapman[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
mionbeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mionbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 11:12pm
Hello Everyone,

My name is Mion, and I'm a hair fanatic.  I am also a hairdresser who has a passion for education.  Nice to meet you all!

- Mion
madhami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madhami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2009 at 1:05pm
HI All,

I'm a new member here and am mainly here because i'm passionate about hair!

I've just entered a luscious hair competition presented by herbal essences.

I would appreciate any votes!!

http://apps.facebook.com/herbalessences/Vote.aspx?userID=48906984

You can vote everyday, but must have Facebook. :)

Happy to be here!!

Maggie

Edited by madhami - February 23 2009 at 1:07pm
YingXi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YingXi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 6:26pm
Hi, I'm Emily. I live in the US and my hair is usually pretty simple. I joined this site in hopes of a more 'dazzling' hair look. My hair is a dark chocolate brown with some milk chocolate natural highlights. [I am blessed with highlights. lol!] I have it cut pretty simple. A little past the shoulder with a side part and side sweep bangs.

Sadly the school I go to has hair style restrictions. :P No highlights, unless natural. I want blue highlights though.
ellenlawlor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellenlawlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 9:27am
Hi I'm Ellen.

I'm a hairdresser in NYC. I'm also a Redken Educator, and have recently posted the instructions for a disconnected bob. This is the haircut I taught at Redken Symposum in Las Vegas for the Total Design Immersion class (attended by 1200 people!)

If you want the downloadable PDF, you'll need to create a userid. But the full set of instructions is available even if you don't sign up.

Hope to hear from you! Wink
Come visit me at http://ellenlawlor.com
atxsho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atxsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 11:16am
Hi Everyone. patriot I'm Warren.  I live in Austin ans thanks for letting me join your community.  I look forward to benefiting from yalls resources and knowledge.  Thanks again!
CanadaBaybe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanadaBaybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2009 at 1:25am
Hi Everyone!
     My name is Amy and I am a hair fanatic!Smile  I am going to have soo many questions for all of you wonderful people!  I just recently moved from Toronto to a very small town and had a terrible experience of crown breakage with bleach highlights at a small salon.Cry  Trying to go back to my platinum blond (gradually nonetheless!) after foolishly dying it brown...  Thinking about extentions and other products but live in a town of 2000 and having trouble finding anything in Canada.  Ordering everything online in US funds and paying customs fees ends up being very costlyConfused  I will be nursing my hair - reading all of the forums - all the while searching for any Canadian resources Big%20smile

Great site and great people!!

A.

Always looking for help to find products up here in wonderful Canada!!
whattajewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whattajewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2009 at 8:00pm
Hi Everyone!
Im new here-I was a hair stylist years ago-and stopped when I began my family- I am always changing my hair color! I am naturally a dark ash brown-BORING! but I have several little grey ones coming in so I went blonde!! I liked it till I had to do a touch up and now Im kinda brassy- that ALWAYS happens! So....Im thinking about going back to a brunette....frying my hair with more bleach is not going to happen because I have been growing my hair longer than its been since high school.....anyway....Ive tried so many products.....and Im always wanting to learn and if I can help, I will do my best!
Have a great week!
Debbie
Show the ones you love-that you love them TODAY-for TOMORROW will be gone forever..
dramaqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dramaqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2009 at 11:17pm
Hi everyone, i am from the bronx. i am new to this forum, after reading several posts i decided to join.  i have alopecia and am looking for some hair. lol i thought about the microdot process but alot of posts and complaints i have read on different forums and websites have scared me.  i saw a post from someone named toni from mystique and i would really like for her to get in touch with me.  thank
DramQueen
straightener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straightener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2009 at 1:49pm
Hello friends, I am jenny kar a new member to this forum. Thanks to you all. Smile
mschampagne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mschampagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 9:51pm
Hi everyone! I'm new to this... I found this site good for finding / sharing hair care tips! 
parkavery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 9:02am
Hi everybody! I'm Sharon from the UK. I'm a writer by trade and have worked with lots of companies in the health & beauty industry, so I feel right at home talking about hair even if mine needs some improvement. :)

Hoping I can pick up some tips along the way, and perhaps share a few too.

Cheers,
--Sharon
Jennasweet1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennasweet1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2009 at 12:01pm
Hello. My name is Jennifer. I'm from a little town in Pa. Married, three dogs, and a parrot. No kids yet...trying to adopt!!
Intoducing myself is harder than I thought.....lol
I'm a quiet person and a bit shy so I don't talk to anyone about my hair loss besides my husband and close family members. If I don't speak about it everyone is kind enough not to ask.
I'm have Bipolar (aka manic depressive)....don't be afraid I'm medicated and pretty much "normal". Due to the medications I have to take I've been losing my hair for years. The desease itself contributes also.
I've been wearing 3/4 wigs for about 5 yrs. I like them because I do have hair in the front so I can blend it in with the fall. My long, curly hair has become my trade mark amoung the people I know. lol
I still become very depressed about not  having much hair but I try to just tell myself it's not that important. Usually once I put my fall on I feel better and get on with my day.
Anyway, I really don't know what else to say other than I could really use a place like this. If anyone can understand my feelilngs it would be women who wear wigs whether it be for medical reasons or just for fun. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Thanks!!
jolonsmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jolonsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 3:40pm
Hello everyone...my name is Yolonda and I am a wig addict. :-) I wear wigs for the pure fun of it. I have been wearing them since 2001 when I found out I was pregnant with my now 7 year old son. I was looking for something easy as I had a very difficult pregnancy and just didn't have enough energy to do my hair. I have been wearing wigs every since and have about 30 different wigs. I look forward to getting to know everyone better and especially connecting with others who wear wigs and or hair extensions.
Wig wearing Mommy
www.wigology.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 78>
  Share Topic