Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
Author
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 11:28pm
Jenn u should sooo do the french braid sometime or what u can do of one im sure its really cute :) how are ur bangs growing out?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 5:44am
Jenn, with you trimming off layers and me trimming off dye, we should stay around the same length together. :) My hair dresser joked that I'm always growing out something LOL. I'm hoping by this time next year, I'll be dye free. Then, I can let my hair grow again.
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 5:23pm
Bangs are about upper lip length when dry/drawn up.  When wet about lower lip.  I'm *almost* to being able to tuck them completely behind my ears.  The very center sections won't quite go.  Some days they drive me nuts!!!

Haha, yea I guess we WILL be about the same length for most of this year then!  I'm really looking forward to trimming off those layers.  Guessing about 3 inches total.  How about for you?  How many inches to be completely dye free?
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 6:35pm
it def sounds like ur bangs are getting long. It will def be alot easier when u have ur bangs tucked and out of the way. i knowi cant wait till i can part my bangs in the center and tuck them on each side behind my ears :) will u do a center or side part?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2009 at 9:14am
Wow, 3", your getting there!!! Right now, at this length, I have 5" new growth and about 8" dye. *sigh*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2009 at 1:21pm

I am so torn on what to do with my hair for this wedding in Nov.  It's STRESSING ME OUT!!! lol

This is an updo that I can manage, either straight or curly and looks fairly formal.  I love the pin up girl hair but I'm not sure I want to spend money for the hairdresser to fix it for me.  The other pin up girl option is to pin curl my hair, wearing it heavy to one side and putting a flower over my ear on the other side.  Then I think...crap, maybe that isn't formal enough for a black tie wedding....UGH!!!

haha, I have to laugh at my poor attempt of a pin up girl expression!!!

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2009 at 4:48pm
Jenn, your hair holds a curl well!  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2009 at 7:25pm
Addy, it only does that when I wet-set the curls.  Even then, they are really relaxed by the evening and I usually have to touch them up with a curling iron the next morning if I want to wear it curly again.  The good part is that touching it up usually will hold since it was originally dried in a curled state.

I have to work hard for those
Censored curls!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2009 at 10:54pm
Wow Jenn I love ur hair. the curl and everything on it is very cute. Id def wear that for ur wedding :) I love the hair u can def tell its getting longer. Id say if u can do that style with the curls urself, itd be just as good as going to a salon and paying someone to do it :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2009 at 8:17am
Awww thanks Pburgh!!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2009 at 8:56am

Love the curls Jenn! I think that will be perfect for a wedding.

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2009 at 10:34am
Ur welcome Jenn :) It must be exciting to try all these new styles now. any other ones uve tried?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2009 at 4:31pm
OK, I've been a slacker on posting lately... we have been sooooo busy this fall!!  I thought I would share a pic of what I plan to do for the wedding.  I'm doing pin-up girl make up with the curls and you will have to imagine a red flower over my ear b/c I didn't have it yet when I took this pic.Tongue

In addition, I also need to share my Oct 1st length shot that was taken late (Oct. 9th); again because we have been so busy!  I actually completely forgot to take an updated length picture until a buddy asked me where it was! LOL

SHOOT!  I thought that last pic was smaller....oh well.....

Edited by smilinjenn71 - October 18 2009 at 4:34pm
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 6:22am
I like it! it's kinda a 40's style
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 8:45am
The curly style looks terrific on you, Jenn.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 3:56pm
Either up or down curl looks great.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 6:20pm
Thanks everybody!!Hug
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2009 at 7:05am
Your hair looks fabulous like that for the wedding!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2009 at 7:22am
Thank you Addy!  I've worked really hard to get 25lbs off for this wedding to wear a gown I already had in my closet.  It's black column, very classic.  It FINALLY fit properly this week, so I am completely-off-the-chain-ecstatic!!!  Getting the hair and make up squared away was easy in comparison...hehe.  Look out wedding - HERE WE COME! (plus can't wait to see my hottie hubby in his tux...whoop whoop)
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 1:11pm
I love your hair color and it is soooo shiny and healthy.  

Edited by Kimbearly - October 24 2009 at 1:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
  Share Topic