Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 10:24pm
Aww, thank you!  I just popped over to your journal as well!
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

I love your hair color and it is soooo shiny and healthy.  
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 10:31pm
Thanks Jen Smile  When I first read this I thought it said pooped - LOL.  I was thinking, hmmmm is this a new saying now on the boards?  When you write on someones wall it is now poop?  Well, thanks for pooping on my wall!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 10:10am
LOLI think I might get bann from the site if I did that!Cry
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 10:34am
25lbs!  That's fabulous!  Tell us how you did it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 10:39am
6 days of exercise - weight training and cardio - program is p90x.  Plus cutting WAY down on carbs.  Only eating whole wheat products and even with that maybe 2 servings daily.  It's a high protein diet but not as strick as Atkins.  I'd like to get off another 20ish pounds.
Originally posted by Addy Addy wrote:

25lbs!  That's fabulous!  Tell us how you did it!
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 1:25pm
How long have you been at it Jenn?

That's great! Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 2:11pm
Hubby has been doing it with me but not for weight loss, more to tone and be more healthy.  We started June 15th, so it's been a steady loss...perhaps even a little slow by some standards.  However, you have to consider I've also put on muscle mass which weighs heavier than fat.
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 3:12pm
That's great Jenn!  Good for you!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2009 at 8:01am
Congrats on the weight loss, Jenn!

I love your wedding hair, love the curls.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 8:50am
Thank you PAPER!!

Well, I'm trying to upload Nov 1st length shot but it won't go.  Anyone else having trouble?

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 6:36pm
I had a horrible time loading photos last week.  I had to go to photobucket and do it.  Finally it worked! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 7:53pm
I can't get it to go!!!Cry Thumbs%20Down bash Censored dragonballz
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 10:27pm
Go to photobucket.com.  You can upload pictures off of your computer for free (just in case you never have been on that site before).  What I had to do was resize my picture on photobucket to make it smaller.  Then once you resize it - save it.  Onced saved click on your picture.  In the left hand corner are choices of codes to copy.  Copy the one that says Direct Link.  Then wait until that box loads (with the little tree above) and all of these wierd words come in the box.  Erase the http:/ above since the code already has it in it.  Then paste the code you copied and click preview.  Your picture should show up in the box where all of the wierd words were.  Then click OK.  If you are still having trouble you can PM me and I can give you my email where you can send me your picture and I can post it here for you if you like.  Here is mine - so it is working.

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 5:34am
I put a photo up a couple days ago from photobucket. It worked for me too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 8:57am
I can't seem to figure this crazy thing out!!!Cry

Tried photobucket but I must be doing something wrong!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/smilinjenn71/HairNov1st09007.jpg

Oh well, that's the best I could do!

Edited by smilinjenn71 - November 05 2009 at 9:01am
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 2:12pm
     Shocked That hair is YOURS, Jenn? Great sticktoitiveness! (lol) I can now confess that after seeing your spiky short photo in the beginning, and learning how long you had kept it that way, I secretly believed that your desire for length would wane long before you'd attain locks past your shoulders. Congrats to you, and we long-hair loving guys are fortunate indeed to see this day. Wink Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 2:38pm
hehe Bob, you are too funny!  Thank you for checking in on my progress.  When I finally decided to grow, I DECIDED!!! lol

Still headed to BSL... I think I will like it better once it's that length.Wink
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Shocked That hair is YOURS, Jenn? Great sticktoitiveness! (lol) I can now confess that after seeing your spiky short photo in the beginning, and learning how long you had kept it that way, I secretly believed that your desire for length would wane long before you'd attain locks past your shoulders. Congrats to you, and we long-hair loving guys are fortunate indeed to see this day. Wink Bob
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 5:50pm
Wow Jenn, I'm impressed! Your hair is getting long. It looks great in a half up. Do you measure the length? You have some nice waves too, looks great! Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2009 at 9:30pm
Awww thanks PAPER!  Yes, currently I'm at about 18 1/4" on length, shortest layer around 7 3/4".  I'm really interested in seeing what my hair looks like as it gets longer.  I've never had long hair w/o a permanent, so this should be fun! 

Recently I've changed my type to 2a, instead of 1b/1c.  
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 7:40am
Nice, we are at the same length. Smile I've been maintaining 18" with my trims. I was the same way, when I had long hair, I always had perms too! I got 1 every summer.

I was going to ask you what your hair type was. I have mine as a 2a too. I'm wondering how much of the wave is from the dye though. I always had straight hair before, so we will see!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
  Share Topic