Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frizzies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frizzies
    Posted: June 07 2001 at 5:55pm
I need help with my frizzies. I`ve figured out how to control them when I leave my hair wet but they`re even worse when I blow dry it, which I normally do. I don`t want something that`s going to make it stiff and crunchy. I was told once to try a leave in conditioner and a smoothing product. What`s good? What should I try?
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2001 at 2:27am
Reply to message: 16.81.1
quote:

jen8541 originally wrote:
I need help with my frizzies. I've figured out how to control them when I leave my hair wet but they're even worse when I blow dry it, which I normally do. I don't want something that's going to make it stiff and crunchy. I was told once to try a leave in conditioner and a smoothing product. What's good? What should I try?

Hi,

Well you got great advice. Leave in conditioners help tremendously with frizz. There are tons of different kinds of leavein and what you use depends on your budget and availability. I like Aveda Curessence Detangler as a soft leave in and I also like Phytologie #7 and #9 all of which is a little expensive but really works well for my dry hair. Redken has a nice leave in product as well. Matrix Biolage has a good leave in. ARTec`s Kiwi is nice but a little too drying for my own personal taste.

For smoothing you can try Vavoom or Paul Mitchell Straight or I personally like Edwin Paul`s Smoothing lotion. I actually used Vavoom for awhile before I switched to Edwin Paul and it does a nice job.

Hope that helps. Thanks for the topic.
Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
jen8541 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2001 at 8:38pm
Reply to message: 16.86.1
Thanks for the advice! I`ll have to try some of those.
bella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2001 at 8:12pm
Honestly, I`ll give you a few hair tips I have learned over the years (and there have been quite a few!)
- Deep condition A LOT! (I do it at least twice a week, especially if I blow dry)
- Herbal Essences deep conditioning products are excellent, so are Thermasilk conditioning.
- Put a lot of leave-in conditioner in your hair, if you are going to leave it curly. The more product, generally, the less frizz you will have.
- Silicone products are great for decreasing frizz, and I layer them right over the leave - in conditioner, but be careful that they don`t build up and leave your hair feeling dirty.
- Good silicone products: John Frieda Frizz-Ease serum and Wind-down (my favourite!), Citrus Shine serum.
-Good straightening products: creme-based products like Got2B straightening lotion, Wind-down, Thermasilk frizz-fighting (not sure if that is the right name), RuskStr8, LaCoupe Big Hair Smooth. Also Phytodefrisant straightening balm is good.
june25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote june25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2001 at 11:03am
Try Frizz-Ease! I use the Wind Down Relaxing Creme to blow-dry and Secret Weapon after blow-drying. Shiny, bouncy, straight, frizz-free locks for a coupe of days! I don`t use leave in conditioner, however I would like to try John Frieda 5 minute manager blow-dry lotion. Good luck! :)
june25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote june25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2001 at 6:50pm
I tried the 5 minute manager and got even better results! My hair stayed frizz-free, even in the high humidity. Another thumbs up for Frizz-Ease!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic