Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

clairol herbal essence?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
longhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clairol herbal essence?
    Posted: July 11 2001 at 2:08am
Has anyone used clairol`s herbal essence products?
How do they compare to L`Oreal`s Elseve?
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2001 at 10:09pm
Reply to message: 16.132.1
The clairol herbel essense shampoo is a good standby for me. I use the pink color one that contains rose hips, vitamin E and jojoba.
The conditioner contains thyme, wheat germ oil and vitamin E.
I am actually very surprise how well this cheap shampoo does well with my hair. I find it is a good shampoo for the whole family.
dianefromcanada
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2001 at 2:16pm
I use the pink one sometimes too. I LOVE the smell, but after awhile it find it a bit drying....
~*~*Lisa*~*~
june25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote june25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2001 at 11:48am
I use the Clarifying shampoo once every week, coupled with a deep conditioner. It smells great, and does a good job of cleaning the styling gunk out of my hair. Plus, it`s cheap too!
Eli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2001 at 11:18pm
I found Clairol Herbal Essence to be very drying for my long colored hair. It does smell wounderful though... I do use Elseve on a regular basis, both shampoo and condicioner
Rachel B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2001 at 1:01pm
i use the pink one for dry/damaged hair but it makes my hair dry,even w/ the conditoiiner.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 5:27pm
Hiya. The pink H.E. (for dry/damaged hair) is something I don`t really recommend if you`re looking for moisture. Go with something of a better quality---the shampoo contains sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate, and the first ingredient is too drying for most damaged hair. I buy shampoos containing only the laureth sulfate because it`s about the gentlest cleansing agent on the market (and yes, it`s safe, despite in internet hoax in recent years claiming the contrary.) If you`re really into HE, however, virtually every drugstore and major chain is selling a generic version with the same ingredients so you spend less. That`y my two cents, peace :)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic