Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

L`oreal or Clairol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L`oreal or Clairol
    Posted: August 05 2001 at 9:06am
Just looking for opinions.
I`m thinking of coloring my hair.
Which do you like better: L`oreal Excellence or
Nice n Easy.
I do have a few gray`s so I want good coverage, and I have medium golden brown hair.(just a color match, not a change)
Does anyone have an idea which I should try?
Bajakitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bajakitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2001 at 2:30pm
Reply to message: 16.158.1
Hi AggiePam,
Are you wanting to use permanent haircolor or semi-permanent? If you want to do a color match, than I would start with a semi permanent and see how you like that first before applying permanent hair color. Semi-permanent will not lighten your hair, but will color match or go darker. If you don`t like it, it will wash out in about 28 shampoos. Permanent is PERMANENT! I have used every hair color brand under the sun, and I like the L`oreal Castings semi-permanent color and Clariol Natural Instincts the best. Both can be purchased at your local drugstore. Now I am NOT a professional, I am just sharing my opinion with you. I can`t afford to go to a professional salon all the time, and I have found that both products mentioned above to be gentle on my hair. I don`t think you can go wrong on a semi-permanent. Good luck!
cookie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2002 at 3:50pm
I have also been thinking about coloring my hair, just to tame down the gray. My hair is dark brown; will Castings cover the gray? I don`t care if the gray hair turns a lighter color, but I don`t want everything to get darker.
poikee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poikee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2002 at 9:58pm
I highly recommend L`Oreal Excellence or Preference over Nice n Easy!!! My sister and I jokingly call Nice n Easy, Nice n Sleezy cuz it absolutely wrecks your hair! It`s very drying and damaging. Trust me--between my sisters and myself we have done everything possible with hair dye and bleaches over the years.
I have found the L`Oreal line really good. It`s my pharmacy line of choice--almost the same as using a professional hair dye and the colours are pretty true to the colour they show on the box. The only bad thing is that L`Oreal still uses animal testing. If you can get your hands on Joico hair dye from a beauty supply place that stuff is marvelous. It smells wonderful; leaves hair soft and silky and it`s colours are pretty natural looking.
However, if you only have a few grays to cover I would suggest a wash-in or temporary colour. It will look the most natural and if you don`t like the colour it will wash out. I would caution you that colouring your hair with a darker semi-permanent colour than your natural colour, it may stay in your greys for good or not wash out entirely. I suggest getting a dark blonde semi permanent colour and trying that first. You can always go darker if it doesn`t give you the coverage you wanted. Good Luck!
bge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2002 at 3:34pm
Well, actually, L`Oreal hasn`t tested on animals in almost 10 years. You should visit their website to find out more information on this and their products.

Yes, Casting will cover, I believe, up to 50% gray. Anything over that and I would recommend a premenant haircolour.

Incidentally, this is the second negative thing I have heard about Clairol Nice n Easy on this website. Personally, for the money, I think it`s quite a good haircolour, its very easy to use, and they have quite a good wide range of shades to choose from.

You might be interested to know that Nice n Easy also has a PH level closer to 7 than any other haircolour on the market. This means that technically it is the least damaging of any haircolour you can buy.

The problem with Nice n Easy is the after colour conditioner that they give you is not very good. This could be why you think it`s damaging your hair so much. If you follow it with a good quality salon conditioner, you should be fine.

Both L`Oreal and Clairol make excellent colours. I have found that L`Oreal colour last a little longer, give you hair a bit more shine and their conditioners are a little better. Keep in mind their colours cost more than Clairols do.

Personally, I wouldn`t necessarily recommend one line over the other. I would find the shade that I liked. That would determine my decision, not the product brand name.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic