Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Touch of Sun? Good or Bad????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Touch of Sun? Good or Bad????
    Posted: June 21 2002 at 8:39pm
I bought a Touch of Sun ti lighten my hair for the summer. Did I pick the right product? Or am I killing my hair?
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2002 at 12:04am
from personal experience, I would use the product sparingly
Rita (:
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2002 at 5:48pm
Katie....what kind of hair do you have? What color and condition is it...that can make all the difference. If your hair is any darker than a light brown you run the risk of getting orange, not blond highlights, and if it`s dry or damaged Touch of Sun could do further harm. But.....if you`ve got light hair in good shape you might not have much of a problem. Just be careful! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 9:06pm
Hey there. I have dry, frizzy light brown/dirty blonde hair. My brother actually just started using it yesterday and after a day of lifeguarding his hair turned orange. He really did not care b/c he has extremely short hair which can be buzzed anyway. His hair is probably like a light to medium brown. I`m not going to touch the stuff again but I do want to know what is the best out there, Sun-In, Beach Blonde..?
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 7:38am
If your hair is frizzy to begin with any permanent coloring agent will only make the problem worse. Touch of Sun contains hydrogen peroxide, which will lighten your hair but damage it to some extent. If your hair were really well moisturized I`d say go for it, since your hair sounds light enough naturally to go blond instead of orange. But the peroxide can definitely hurt your hair if it`s dry already. I`ve learned through much trial and error (emphasis on the error) that I`d MUCH rather have dark, healthy hair than lighter, crispy-fried hair. I hope this helps!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 10:30pm
Can anyone tell
me
how much perecentage of peroxide does a touch of sun contain?
Rita (:
Katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Rita Rita wrote:

Can anyone tell
me
how much perecentage of peroxide does a touch of sun contain?

I`m not sure I threw out the box abd it doesn`t say it on the bottle.
CrazieLilGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazieLilGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 5:39pm
I`ve used Touch of Sun last summer and I have dark brown hair. It had some light spots, but didn`t work so well on my hair although it did not damage it which is a good thing. So if you have dark hair, better get your money back, if not good luck!
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God`s sight. (1 Peter 3:3-4)
jessm1014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessm1014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2003 at 2:06am
I used the stuff on my hair when I was in junior high, and eventually ended up having to get my hair cut off to above my shoulders. I was also on a swim team, though, and I think my hair was already damaged from being in chlorine every day. My hair was so bad that it would literally just break off when trying to brush it. It was awful!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2003 at 12:17am
Beware of these products!!!

When you use these products you are leaving Hydrogen peroxidse on your hair all day.

We, as professionals use some forms of it in our hairclors but they are closely monitored and are timed and rinsed out promptly.

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic