Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Joh Frieda Relax Ripple Effect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joh Frieda Relax Ripple Effect
    Posted: October 18 2002 at 1:55pm
Joh Frieda came out with a hair line called Relax that was made for African-Americans. One of the products was called Ripple Effect Wave-Maker Spray. I tried it back in June.

I applied it, (Kinda oily, like jheri curl activator. Smells like it too) which was kinda a nuisance because the stuff is so slick, it makes it a little harder to pump the spray. But that is really no problem though. So, I scrunched and scrunched, and scrunched, and lo and behold, here comes the waves! But not only did I get waves, I got curls at the ends too! Beautiful!

I used it twice, and unfortunately had to stop using it because my stylist told me that it was fighting my relaxer. Whenever my hair was wet, it would curl up, which is not what relaxed hair does, or shouldn`t do. Now, I just apply mousse or gel to my hair and scrunch to get the same effect that the Ripple Effect gave me.
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 5:36pm
you know with relaxed hair tho? you only blowdry it to get it straight innit?

so does it matter really...if it does that...?

im not bein nasty or anything like that... just confersation wise?
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 6:51pm
Yeah, the Ripple Effect is a big help for those who have realxed hair.

True, hair can be blowdried to obtain a straight look, but that doesn`t mean that it airdries curly, either. Mine airdries puffy.

Oh, now I know what you mean!
My stylist didn`t like my hair drying curly and you`re right! It can`t be blow dried straight or roller setted to get a rollor wrap. She just wanted to complain about something, that`s all. I went to get a relaxer touch-up yesterday, and she was saying how good my hair feels and all of this other bull. But I told her that I DID NOT want perm on my ends, daggonit! Just because my hair curled up did not mean that it was taking away my relaxer, considering that relaxers are permanent. I should`ve told her off.............
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2002 at 3:05am
awwwwww :(

yeah thats what i thought...it wont get rid of the perm innit?

oh well :) i brought some ripple effect for relaxed hair from john frieda and havent used it yet lol
---------------x
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2002 at 11:42am
I hope you like it!:)
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2002 at 6:01pm
i tried it tonight (my hair has been relaxed also.. )

and cow me, it turned out great! :)

i cant believe how quickly it curls ur hair innit! :D

thanks Karonica :) u give great advice :)
---------------x
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2002 at 7:08pm
Heheheee!

Great!

Not let`s just hope that your stylist doesn`t complain!
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2002 at 6:23am
lollllll they always complain lol!

ive decided to grow my hair real long anywayz, so wont be seeing the stylist for a while, hehehehe
---------------x
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2002 at 11:11am
Good for you!

I am doing the same thing.

Hey, what time is it in London?
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2002 at 12:43pm
lollll :) cool

sorry for late reply! i was at college, its now.... 6:26pm...what about what time is it where u r? :)
---------------x
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2002 at 5:00pm
It`s 5:41pm here in Washington, DC! Heheheee. You`re probably asleep now. :D
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2002 at 10:52am
lollllllllll bless ya for telling me :)
take care
---------------x
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2002 at 11:25am
When you wake up in the morning, do you just wet the curls, or do you just wash it out? I can`t wash my hair everyday, but I would have to wet the curls to wake them up. They would die when I laid on them at night.
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2002 at 9:44am
because my hair is so damaged, all i do is wash and heavily deep condition my hair about every 2-3 days, and every morning, ill spray on either:

* spray bottle of water and conditioner (my own leave in conditioner hehehe)

* john frieda`s Relax curl wave make thingy

or...

* i apply a little john frieda`s beach blonde conditioning oil :) its great coz gets rid of frizz, and is moisturising etc :)

but yeah, i need to put something on my hair to "wake up" and freshen my hair and the curly wavy bits :)

i decided im gunna go to the hairdressers tommoro afterall, and get my hair trimmed... so wish me luck! hope they dont mess it up :S
---------------x
Sizzling View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sizzling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2002 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by liz_naz liz_naz wrote:

i tried it tonight (my hair has been relaxed also.. )

and cow me, it turned out great! :)

i cant believe how quickly it curls ur hair innit! :D

thanks Karonica :) u give great advice :)

Hi, Liz_Naz:

I wanted to know what "innit" means. I don`t want to seem rude, just asking a question. Some of my friends type that in e-mails to me and I still don`t know what it means!

If you could explain, that would be great.

Thanks,
Sizzling
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2002 at 1:14pm
yeah, i was wondering about that too:)
liznazz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liznazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2002 at 1:34pm
lol :D :|

it just means isnt it :P
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2002 at 6:53pm
oh ok:) thanks so much:)
liz_nazz View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_nazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2002 at 8:36am
no worries :P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic