Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beach Blonde sunstreaks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chrissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beach Blonde sunstreaks
    Posted: December 01 2002 at 11:56am
has any body used the Blonde product made by
john fridea the SUn streaks one, that has perioxide in it and then you blow dry your hair?

ANy tips? HOW does it work? does it work?
Chrissy
IRIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2003 at 8:28pm
Please be careful when bleaching hair, I recently had to cut off ALL of my hair because of a bad bleaching experience.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2003 at 8:44pm
Are you suppose to leave the h2o2 in your hair? Blow dry it in?:(
Chrissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2003 at 2:20pm
i think u blow dry it. i havent realy been using it im waiting for the spring to come so i can sit in the sun.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2003 at 11:05am
Hello Ev'reebodeeeeee!

Beach Blonde Sun Streaks is one of my FAVORITE hair products!!

I have been dyeing my hair since I was 12 years old. Now, 12 years later, I would like to stop, because I can see what damage it does to my hair. But alas, I still hate my natural hair color of dark, mousy blond.

So my solution is to touch up my roots with Beach Blonde Sun Streaks. It's really easy because the gel is pretty thick. You can put it exactly where you want and it doesn't run. I leave it on my hair for a couple of hours before I shampoo it out, but a shorter amount of time might be OK, too. The bottle says it's OK to leave in all day. I don't notice any damage after a couple hours. I usually run my hair dryer on it briefly, but I hate to apply heat to my hair, so I don't dry it very long. I think the heat isn't important. Maybe I won't use the dryer at all next time.

One application lightens enough to satisfy me. It blends really well with the older parts of my hair that were dyed with actual hair dye. The Sun Streaks color doesn't match, it's a bit darker. But natural blondes often have darker hair closer to their heads, so I think that's a good thing. The bottle says you can use Sun Streaks multiple times if you want to go lighter and lighter, but I've never done that.

I've been touching up my roots with Sun Streaks every couple of months for the past year and I think it's just great. I was initially attracted to the product because water is the first ingredient on the list. All other hair lightening products I know of (i.e. Sun-In, A Touch of Sun, etc.) have hydrogen peroxide as the main ingredient.

I recommend Sun Streaks 100%.
The best thing I can say about it is that everyone thinks light honey blonde is my natural color, even hair dressers!
Keep in mind it will only make your hair blonde if you are naturally dark blonde or light brown.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic