Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Several questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Several questions
    Posted: December 11 2002 at 12:33pm
Hi! I was wondering if someone could please help me with several questions that I have.

1. Has anyone tried the Bio Ionic Hairdryer or the Bio Ionic Straightening Iron? The few things I have been able to find out about these products is that they do not damage the hair, and also that they help improve hair by adding moisture. The hairdryer is around $150, the straightening iron around $350. High prices, but worth it to me if they actually work.

2. I am always reading articles about how to blow dry and straighten hair. It seems like the majority of stylists use either a round bristle brush or a paddle brush with bristles. My question is, should we really use bristle brushes on wet hair? I thought this was an absolute no no?

3. Do hair scrunchies break hair? I went to get my hair cut and the stylist said that I had breakage in that area where I put my ponytail in. I had read somewhere that cashmere hair scrunchies would not break the hair, but I have been unable to find one. I always thought that as long as the bands were covered with cloth, it would not hurt the hair.

For anyone that can help me with these questions, I really appreciate it! Thanks!!!!!
that is a hair DON'T
rrobey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2002 at 12:57pm
I can answer the first one for you.... I have a Bio Ionic hairdryer (Create Ion). I LOVE it. I`ve had it for 2 years now. When I first purchased it I was very worried about the amount of heat it produced but was reassured by someone at the company that it wouldn`t damage my hair. I was skeptical, but tried it anyway. It hasn`t damaged my hair and I use it daily. I do get some split ends from time to time but I think that`s from everyday damage. When I first purchased the dryer (which then was $70) I also purchased one of the round brushed to go with it (the brush was $30). I think that my hair did better using the ion brush with it but my brush broke and I haven`t replaced it yet. You may have found this web site, but here`s a link to the Bio Ionic web page. Good luck.

http://www.bioionic.com/home.html

Becky
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2002 at 4:51pm
as for your third question- even the gentlest scrunchie can damage hair if it is put on too tightly or pulled out instead of gently taking it out. generally, if you are putting it on the same spot every day it will wear away at the hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic