Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aussie products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aussie products
    Posted: March 05 2003 at 8:00pm
I've used some of the Aussie products years ago and remember liking them, particularly the mega moisture shampoo and 3-minute miracle conditioner.

I checked them out at the drugstore last night (two major chains have them on sale this week for $2.99 each!) and of course, now that I'm reading labels (thanks Lyris!) I found that the moisturizing shampoo contains the dreaded ammonium and lauryl sufates, in fact, they were among the first ingredients!

Now that I know about the sulficants, I really don't want to buy any products that contain them as my long, wavy hair is on the dry side. But what gives with Aussie? I thought this was a very moisturizing line. Does anyone have information/experience with Aussie products?

[/url]

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2003 at 7:22am
Hi Elissa,

THe 3-minute-miracle is pretty good stuff. Some people don't like the smell (what is it, anyway?) but I thought it was a decent conditioner. Also, the Hair Insurance is a great leave-in spray conditioner for dry, fine hair, as the panthenol high in the ingredient list really makes hair feel thicker. I wasn't crazy about Aussie shampoos because of the SLS, but some people with oily scalp or resilient hair might have good luck with it.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic