Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Redken products

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
the1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redken products
    Posted: March 10 2003 at 8:36pm
hi.. i just wanna ask how much are the "Redken All Soft" shampoo and conditioner is... thank you!!!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 7:37am
Hi there. All Soft is an all-time favorite of mine. I'm not sure if I love it because it truly works better than other products or because it just smells so great. Either way, good stuff. All Soft shampoo and conditioner typically retails for around $8 and $9, respectively, for the smallest non-trial size (10.1 oz and 8 oz., I believe.) You can get also get the shampoo in a 16.9 oz bottle and both shampoo and conditioner in 33 oz economy-size containers. If you really, REALLY like the stuff this is an economical way to buy them, as those huge bottles last a heckuva long time. Occasionally Trade Secret (in the States) has a sale where you can buy the biggest size shampoo and conditioner for a total of $25. If you search online you can find all sizes for even cheaper. Good luck!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 8:29pm
Hi

Manufacture Reccomended Retail Price for a 10.1oz bottle of All Soft Shampoo is 8.50.
However, Redken just repackaged all their home hair care line. If you find it in the old bottle it should be 7.95.

All Soft is really great!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 4:54am
I just tried the All-Soft shampoo and conditioner for the first time this week.

The smell and feel of the shampoo is gorgeous!

I used to think you can never use too much conditioner, but I think I did. I was so encouraged by the great shampoo that I used a LOT of conditioner, and it left my hair a bit heavy. It felt even worse upon waking on day 2, so, I rewashed and then used a smaller amount of conditioner, just enough to coat the ends, back and a little of the sides. None on the scalp.

THEN the results were smashing! What a terrific product.

By the way, I picked up 10 oz of shampoo and 8 oz bottle of conditioner for $9.99 on ebay, + about $6 for shipping. He threw in two free samples of other Redken products. It was a great transaction. There are lots of great salon products on sale (brand new) on ebay.
[/url]

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 7:15am
Agh! Does anyone know why the word ALL keeps appearing in red capital letters in each of the posts? Or am I the only one seeing this crazy phenomenon?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 6:23pm
I don't see it. That usually happens when you've done a search on a word???
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 10:21pm
I see all of the all's on all of some of the pages. All I want to know why are all the alls, all over the walls.....umm.....posts. Red alls, small alls, all capitall alls, All of theses alls are driving me up the wall. All they do is make me feel really small. I think I will crall out to my small hall and call all my tall and small freinds down at the mall. And this small ballkeeps me from a tall fall from my own insanity up the wall.

That is all, ball

(just havin' a ball)
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 2:52pm
LOL!LILI!
the1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2003 at 7:43pm
WOW!!! thankz u guyz!!!! hmm... but how would u know if people have used the shampoo if u purchase it on ebay? maybe they've used the shampoo before or... added something to it.. kan i really trust them????
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2003 at 3:28pm

I know you guys will read this post so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for talking about all soft. I have fine hair and it doesn't weigh it down at all and feels so soft. I am totally in love with it and probably will never go back to my old brand. Now if you could just find me a good straightener/defrizzer for when I blow dry my hair.....
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2003 at 9:49am
Hello Ev'reebodeeeeeeee!

I'm also a big fan of Redken AllSoft. It makes my hair really greasy if I use it more than 2 days in a row, but now that I read all of your suggestions, I think I must be using too much.

Has anyone tried Redken So Long? I've always been curious about it, because my hair is currently almost-bra-length and my goal is to grow it even longer. I like All Soft so much, it's tempting to try So Long, but I noticed they don't have many common ingredients.

Have any of you tried So Long? What did you think?

Thanks and So Long!
Traci
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2003 at 12:37pm
RE: the ebay question

It is fairly easy to assess the integrity of a seller on ebay by looking at his or her feedback history. If the feedback is 99% positive and says things like, "great seller, beautiful product, exactly as advertised, great transaction, would do business again" and there are hundreds of comments like this, chances are pretty darned good that you have a good seller. Typically, people sell hundreds or more of similar products. For example, "Tim's online beauty supplies" may have hundreds of salon products up for auction (or buy-it-now, which I prefer) and many of his commenters are "repeat business". These are all good things to look for.

I wouldn't buy hair products from someone who is selling one bottle of Redken All-Soft and her other items are all used clothing. But I would buy it from someone who's selling dozens of different salon products, with lots of feedback from customers saying "great hair products, 100% genuine, brand new!"

You have to read the auction listings carefully. If the seller says "brand new, genuine, sealed package of Redken All-Soft" then he or she is making an offer as part of legal contract that this is exactly what the product is, and if she is lying, she can be sued.

So, be careful on ebay. But when shopping with care, you can get some terrific deals and have some great experiences. I LOVE it.
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2003 at 9:11pm
Hey supergrover this is too freaky. That used to be my name for everything on the computer but then I switched it due to some silly reason. Think he's the cutest thing. Have loved him since I was a little girl. I think it maybe has to do with the name Traci since thats mine as well.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2003 at 10:02pm
Hi,

WARNING to buying on e-bay!!!

REdken or any other professional products bought in any other way but from a licensed professional hair salon is NOT guarenteed. In other words, they could have put anything in these bottles and you are stuck with them. Also, any person selling Redken in any other manner can and will be prosecuted and their ability to purchase Redken will be permenantly termenated.

Sorry for sounding sooo serious but it is really serious to Redken. Thank You

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2003 at 10:44pm
Really? That's funny. I haven't met many people named Traci with an i. And you love Grover! Grover was my first boyfriend. I was all about Grover. I guess I still am. Too bad Elmo's stealing his spotlight nowadays.

But really- has anyone tried So Long?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 4:34am
Lili,

The guy I purchased the All-Soft from claims to be a licensed professional. You would think the folks in Redken's legal department would be combing (no pun intended) ebay for non-compliance. I wonder if they do that.

Elissa
[/url]

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2003 at 10:37am
If you buy it from an authorized Redken Stylist/Salon Redken will give you a 100% guarantee on any of their products.

That is worth a $ or 2 more sometimes, because it is so easy to get the wrong product. (anybody have a collection of unused products under their bathroom sink?? I do.)

Even we professionals make mistakes and recommend products that are not always right for our clients.

I tell any of my clients "If you are not happy with your Professional product, even if you don't like the smell, bring it back."

And I can do this because my distributors and manufacturers, like Redken, will back me up and replace the products I return to them.

There are counterfeit products out there...TIGI (Bed Head, CatWalk) just prosecuted a group of unscrupulous dealers. After they confiscated 7 semi's full of Fake Product coming accross the Canadian and Michigan border....It looked just like their packaging, but it was not their product.

You want to at least get what you are paying for. Professional Products are expensive even if you buy them on Ebay or any other un authorized dealer.

The right product can be awesome, as we all know. On the flip side the wrong product can be a disaster. Especially if you are paying top dollar. If you purchase a product at a Salon and you don't like it...Return It! It is part of what you paid for.
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 4:19pm
I *LOVE* Redken All Soft shampoo. My hair is really thick and this shampoo actually makes my hair soft and silky. Those of you with thick hair know that getting silky hair can be a VERY hard thing to accomplish! I usually use All Soft shampoo with Redken's True Calm conditioner.
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 10:09pm
Hi,

Redken has a whole task force who does look into anyone who sells their product over the internet, wether it be E-bay or a salon on-line (which is also illegal). They are proscecuting ALOT of people in this scam.

P.S. I love true-calm also but unfortunately they discontinued it this month

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 11:58pm
So... I know on the back of Redken bottles it says something like "Exclusive Salon Distribution".

How come you can find it in reputable supermarkets and drugstores? I just bought some All-Soft at the Stop & Shop. And I've seen it at CVS, too. The price isn't much better than the salon, but it sure is more convenient.

So anyway, what's up with that? Where are these stores getting their supply from if Redken claims to be 'Salon Exclusive?'

<- This bouncing ball wants to know.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic