Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Neutrogena Clean for Color shampoo & conditioner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neutrogena Clean for Color shampoo & conditioner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neutrogena Clean for Color shampoo & conditioner
    Posted: April 16 2003 at 9:29pm
Has anyone tried these? They're on sale for $2.99 at Rite Aid this week, and I just had to buy them, as I have been looking for a clarifying shampoo to use once in a while.

The shampoo has no lauryl sulfates, though it does have the laureth sulfates, including ammonium. But I figured, for very infrequent use this should be ok, just to remove product build up now and again.

They smell divine.
[/url]

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 9:01pm
I used them over the weekend, after a no-wash day, and two days of gel and Anti-snap. I really like these products. The shampoo did not feel at all harsh. My hair felt clean but moisturized. And the conditioner seemed to do its job well also. I really love the smell of both.

And while they're no "All-Soft", for $2.99 (on sale) I'd highly recommend them as a good clarifying shampoo and conditioning duo at a very good price.
[/url]

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 10:07am
Hi Elissa,

I just tried what I think is my first Neutrogena hair care product, though I don't think it's part of the color line (but the bottle IS pink!) It's called Overnight therapy and is basically a leave-in conditioning spray. I sprayed it in this morning before styling my wet hair and I really like the results--though if you were to use it overnight and then shampoo you'd lose any benefit as the conditioning agents would simply rinse away. My hair feels soft and looks a bit silkier (and less frizzy!) than it usually does on Shampoo Day. And I must say, these products DO smell great--sort of floral/fruity and slightly sweet. Maybe I should use this when I apply the Aphogee treatment to mask the unbearable stench! :-)

Thanks for recommending this line. I like my new toy! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 1:45pm
Hi Lyris :)

I'm so glad you like the leave-in! I understand that new-toy feeling!

My boyfriend wants to know why new, full bottles of shampoo and conditioner keep appearing in the shower, when his one bottle has been there for the whole 8 months we've been together! Can you relate?

Years ago, I used the original neutrogena shampoo (the shampoo was clear, and they were on short squarish bottles) as a clarifyer every week or two. I remember liking it. The Color Care line seems to do the same job, and the blue color of product really appeals to me (my favorite color). The ingredient list passed muster, too.

Have you tried Anti-snap for the frizzies? I bought some recently, and was very surprised to find that it worked for me (most leave-ins don't work on my frizz, only gel does.) I air dried, and as my hair began drying and the frizzes started to appear, I just smoothed a bit on those spots that needed it. It really worked well!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 1:51pm
Heh....my boyfriend thinks I'm nuts for spending time talking about hair on the Internet PLUS owning more shampoos than socks. I can definitely relate! Is Anti-Snap a spray or cream? I usually use a spray for the length of my hair and a bit heavier product on the ends. Otherwise I look like I dipped my head in a vat in an oil refinery. Yum!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 6:17pm
Quote Is Anti-Snap a spray or cream?

It's really a lotion (dispensed through a pump) and not a very thick one. I only put it in the spots that start frizzing as my hair dries. This is generally the outermost layer of my hair in the back and on the sides (the part most exposed to the elements) and to a lesser extent, the ends.

The parts where I've applied it get mildly crunchy once dry, but when I finger-comb it out I get soft, lovely frizz-free waves. Yay! I've also noticed that a little goes a long way. I try to use a light touch, as with any gel or creme, lest my hair gets weighed down.

Another superior product from Redken.
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic