Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shampoos/conditioners w/o harsh detergents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Isha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shampoos/conditioners w/o harsh detergents
    Posted: July 25 2003 at 1:59am
Hi! Does anyone know which hair care products are good and which also don't have harsh detergents in them (like ammonium or sodium laurel sulfates)?
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2003 at 7:48am
A lot of people on these boards swear by Redken All Soft - it contains none of those harsh ingredients.

Caramia
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2003 at 8:11am
Yep, All Soft is all good. Most salon shampoos are OK as well (but watch out for sodium lauryl sulfate which shows up in Matrix products a lot.) At the drugstore, it can be rather difficult to find a suitable shampoo. However, Salon Selectives makes a gentle one, as does the Loreal Vive series.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Isha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2003 at 8:46pm
thanks for the info. I'll try out the Redken. I've tried salon selectives and l'oreal before and didn't like them that much.
luv_hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2008 at 10:20pm
I use Pureology and Enjoy. They are sulfate free and leave my hair feeling so dreamy and soft.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic