Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aubrey Organics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aubrey Organics
    Posted: July 28 2003 at 9:07am
Has anyone here tried Aubrey Organics?

I would love to use a shampoo and conditioner that contained nothing artificial. It just sounds good to me. I'm distrustful of even Sodium Laureth Sulfate, even though it's in all of my current favorite shampoos.

Anyway, I am specifically interested in their J.A.Y. shampoo and G.P.B. conditioner.
I read the reviews on Aubrey's website, which were naturally all positive, but everyone said they had thick hair. Maybe my hair is too fine? There are pics on the website linked from my profile, click below if you like. :) It's not super, baby fine, but it's definitely not coarse. I see on the ingredient lists that these products are heavy on oils. So maybe they're not for me.

I'll quit rambling now. I'm just interested in what anyone has to say about Aubrey Organics. They're a little bit pricey!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 9:10am
Oh... I am clearly not awake.

I just saw this: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP337399111&id=78
It was right there on page 1 of this category!

Hmmm... I never would have guessed that coconut oil soap would be drying. Good to know. Guess I'll save my money.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 9:32am
Most soaps are NOT anything you'd want near your hair, coconut-based or not. The pH is typically much higher than shampoos (the hallmark of alkaline substances) and soap tends to leave a filmy residue on hair. Yuck! Personally, I'm sticking to All Soft. :-) Let us know if you have any luck with Aubrey though!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 11:08am
Hmmm. Good to know.
I think I'll skip 'em. I definitely don't really have the spare money right now, anyway.
But now when I pass the Aubrey Organics stuff at the store, I will no longer be tempted, or wonder what I am missing out on. So thanks Lyris, and everyone that contributed to that other thread!
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 12:45pm
I've been using their Jojoba and Aloe Hair Rejuvinator and Conidtioner for a few months now as a treatment. It is rather thick conditioner, but it moisturizes my hair really nicely. No tangles, full, and just wonderful.

I don't use the shampoo because they are on the expensive side, but I'm willing to splurge a bit on a conditioner.
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2003 at 9:59am

I found these few sites that seem to help me when I'm confused on a product. Granted they don't have the knowledge that you wonderful people do here on ingredients they they're honest and will tell you what they think.

www.epinions.com
www.makeupalley.com

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2003 at 2:27pm
Epinions! I actually was a top reviewer (that's their name for it, not mine) for awhile but didn't really have the time to continue in that role. I wrote under the name altairastar, which is obvious if you read my hair product reviews as they are all about ingredients :-)

I wouldn't rely on epinions.com alone to make a buying decision, as a LOT of haircare reviewers don't know their cyclopentaxilane from phenyl trimethicone (for SHAME!) but most are articulate and very friendly.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2003 at 2:59pm

Well no I don't do that either. I actually come here first and check out a product to see what people think and then I go to these sites and see what they think and just kind of decide from there.

Just an extra boost of help if I can't decide whether to splurge (like I normally do) or not on something.
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic