Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

soft`shiny`strong`hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: soft`shiny`strong`hair
    Posted: August 04 2003 at 11:10pm
i want my hair to be those 3 adjectives. i highlighted my hair and its damaged. what can i use to repair it? i dont mind if my color is stripped... b/c its halfway grown out so it looks ugly and i wanna get rid of the highlights anyway.

so what are some good conditioners, deep conditioners and styling products?

ps. i dont blow dry or straighten my hair. i used to every day
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2003 at 8:03am
Hi Lee! First, the bad news. You cannot repair your hair. Ever. Hair is dead from the moment it emerges from your scalp and unlike skin, lacks the cellular regeneration necessary for restoration. Nothing on the free market today will repair your hair, although hair product manufacturers would have us believe otherwise so we keep spending money on what we hope is a miracle cure.

Despite this grim-sounding predicament, you CAN enhance your hair's look and feel to emulate perfect health. Shine-enhancing products (I use a silicone polished spray), moisturizing products (there is a band of Redken All Soft rebels around here) and protein-based leave-in conditioners will help simulate the look of soft, shiny hair. Good luck--hope this helps!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic