Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you have dry, split end hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you have dry, split end hair...
    Posted: August 10 2003 at 10:05pm
On advice from my sister who has a daughter with extremely naturally curly hair I have been putting Pomade in my hair while it is wet. Not alot...because after blow drying it will look oily. Let me just say...after 2 days you will notice an extreme difference! My hair holds more moisture and is softer than it has been a really long time. As well, it doesn't look so stringy after hours. I looked at a lot of different types of Pomade and went with the basic...the only ingredients are Petrolatum, Fragrance & Lanolin Oil. I wash it, put Pomade in it and then blow dry it and straighten it with the flat iron (with all the heat I needed something that would add moisture!). Hope this helps anyone out there experiencing the same dryness and split ends I was!
sheerblonde823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheerblonde823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 6:50pm
And also, get hair trimmed every 6 weeks!
Blackjade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackjade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 12:51am
Originally posted by dana073 dana073 wrote:

On advice from my sister who has a daughter with extremely naturally curly hair I have been putting Pomade in my hair while it is wet. Not alot...because after blow drying it will look oily. Let me just say...after 2 days you will notice an extreme difference! My hair holds more moisture and is softer than it has been a really long time. As well, it doesn't look so stringy after hours. I looked at a lot of different types of Pomade and went with the basic...the only ingredients are Petrolatum, Fragrance & Lanolin Oil. I wash it, put Pomade in it and then blow dry it and straighten it with the flat iron (with all the heat I needed something that would add moisture!). Hope this helps anyone out there experiencing the same dryness and split ends I was!

I have read that you should not use products that have lanolin, mineral petroleum in them because they are only coating the hair and not allowing moisture to get to the hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic