Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FLUFFS OUT WHEN IT DRIES!! GRR!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelly Scheiner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Scheiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLUFFS OUT WHEN IT DRIES!! GRR!
    Posted: August 22 2003 at 12:07pm
People..I think I have a clinical health problem with my hair. *NOTHING* topical (shampoos, conditioners, whatever you put in your hair) works!

It's always the same.

My hair FLUFFS out and gets all wispy. It just WON'T stay together and have shine unless I CAKE it with gell, but then it gets all stringy and wet, and sticky. It's gross. I have thick, long, frizzy hair. I've ALREADY tried NUMEROUS deep conditioners, hot oil treatments, Leave in conditioners, Garnier, Pantene, Dove, Herbal Essences, Biolage, Loreal Vive, Nexxus, Bumble and Bumble, and SO MUCH MORE. No MATTER WHAT, my hair fluffs out when it dries, and my hair tangles by itself 2 hours after I comb it. In fact, even if I just go in the shower JUST TO CONDITION IT WITH A *DEEP* CONDITIONER, it FLUFFS out. I think it has to do with water..
HELP ME. =(

P.S. I ***NEVER*** used a blow dryer or dyed my hair or anything like that.

Should I go to the doctor?
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 12:58pm
Hi Kelly, it sounds like you have really really dry hair. There may be others on the board who can help you more, but I'll let you know what I think.

Do you live in an area with hard water? Since you have mentioned the water issue. Sometimes hard water can make deposits in your hair, making it hard to manage. Try rinsing your hair with a cup of lemon juice (fresh squeezed) to wash out the mineral deposits.

I've recently moved to a much more humid area of the US, and my hair poofed out a lot for the first few days. Now, I dab some Redken Anti-Snap into my hair after towel drying, and it stays put.
Kelly Scheiner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Scheiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2003 at 9:42pm
I live in San Francisco. I'm not sure if the water there is hard or not. I'm a bit worried the lemon will dry out my hair. I need something affordable, however, since I'm 13 years old and buy my own stuff with babysitting money (only $4 an hour). :/ Thanks!!
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2003 at 5:47pm
I used to live in the SF Bay Area and the water is definitely not "hard" there.

Well, taking care of your hair is definitely an investment. But it's so nice when it's not acting up anymore. I've also used Body Time Jojoba Conditioner during the day to keep it less frizzy.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2003 at 4:53am
Sounds like it's very damaged. If you haven't been dyeing or using blowdryers or heat stylers or anything, are you outside a lot in the sun? Do you do a lot of swimming? Those things could be damaging your hair, too.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic