Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE MOST DAMAGED/DRY/FRIZZY HAIR IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

THE MOST DAMAGED/DRY/FRIZZY HAIR IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairgodess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgodess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE MOST DAMAGED/DRY/FRIZZY HAIR IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!
    Posted: September 07 2003 at 5:29pm
Can anyone help me find a product that's not too expensive for THE MOST DAMAGED/DRY/FRIZZY HAIR IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!! thank you very much.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2003 at 5:32pm
Shampoo, conditioner or styling product? Also, how thick is your hair?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Bridget Miller View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 2:41pm
Some products I've had luck with are Nexus Keraphix, Matrix Smoothing line (orange bottles), Biolage Conditioning Balm. Also, if your dryness is from over styling, try letting hair air dry. It took me about (6) months, but once I stopped straightening my naturally curly hair, my beautician actually commented that the condition of my hair had improved.
Precious Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2003 at 7:19pm
Okay try Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo or their Critical Repair Shampoo.. You can get it at Sally's in the black hair care isle... dont let that isle (sp?) scare you if your not black.. it can be a dry hair girls best friend. Also look for a leave in oil moisteriser.. i like Lustersilk Moisture Maxx.. depending on how dry your hair is you may have to play with the amount you use so that you dont get too much on your hair and weigh it down. Both of those things are pretty cheap. I also like Nexus Humectress as a leave in.. you can get that bottle in different sizes for different prices..and you can get it at meijers or a salon. For the more expensive stuff i like phyto.. im gonna try the phytothrum (SP?) shampoo and straightening balm out of my next check so i will let you all know how that goes :) The #9 is also a good leave in conditioner.. good luck and let us know how it turns out :)
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2003 at 11:50pm
I received a sample of Phyto Dry Hair Shampoo (Jojoba Shampoo) and after conditioning balm (PHYTO 7) with my Hairtopia Vit/Min/Herbals and LOVE this stuff! I just now ordered the Dry Hair Pack from the HairBoutique Marketplace that has 3 products included and am happy to see what this stuff can do, because with just one use, my hair, which is very dry (it's gone from fine/thin to dry/damaged and so I've had to switch gears in regard to which products I use) is soft, silky and the texture has changed. I'm sold on it. :)

Kris
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 5:36pm
i've had some pretty good luck with gloss drops by paul mitchell.  it's perfect for de-frizzing once your hair is already dry, and for additional frizz control i recommend using straight works, also by paul mitchell, while your hair is wet.
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
sheerblonde823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheerblonde823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 6:48pm
I strongly recommend Neutrogena Triple Moisture.  The whole line.  I usually use professional products that I buy at my salon, but this line seemed to be the only thing that rejuvenated my over-processed hair (as a result of straightening without religious trimmings and silicon protectants)
Kayelpe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayelpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 8:35am
I recommend Nature's Prescription Aloe Vera Hair Maintenance System. These products are made with an aloe vera base and is made to repair, restore lost moisture and add body, luster & shine. It also encourages the growth of new hair. The aloe vera will help to repair the damge to youur hair. It's a great product line. You can get it online at www.naturceutics.com. You should try the Complete Therapy Starter Kit I, it contains a shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer.

Edited by Kayelpe - July 06 2007 at 8:36am
Kayelpe
sarahj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 10:49pm
I would recommend any of the following lines that have treatments:
Joico-kpak system
The UfaKtor-deep penetrating system
Pureology -nano system
Alterna-caviar system

All the above provide great treatments for damaged hair.If you want results and don't want to waste bucks try one of the above lines!
sjxoxoxoxo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic