Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ceramic flat irons and products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charlie2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ceramic flat irons and products
    Posted: September 07 2003 at 8:22pm
Hi!

I'm looking at both of these ceramic straighteners and am wondering which one is better? I know Hai has the temperature control and is plated and CHI doesn't have either of these. I also see that there is quite a big price difference between these two and am wondering if it is a reflection of which one is better.

Also, what hair products do you need to use when using these flat irons? Any specific ones you can suggest?

I'm also debating on whether to get the one-inch or the two-inch ones? Any advice? I have hair which is very thick, wavy, one-length (no fringes or bangs or layers) and a few inches below my shoulders. I want something quick and easy.

Cheers,

Charlie
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 11:31pm

Go to folica.com and you can read the reviews. The Chi has a reputation for shorting out rather fast. I personally use a Sedu and wouldn't use anything else. The stuff is amazing. But if I had to choose between the Hai and the Chi, I would go with the Hai. The one inch irons are better. Even if you have long hair. It makes it easier to curl your ends and get closer to your roots. Or you can try the Solia. I hear is just as good as the Sedu and it is much cheaper. Redken heat glide and matrix smoothing iron spray work great with a flat iron.

If you are looking for a good hair regimen read my post on "great clarifying shampoos to remove silicones".

Edited by Sharyg11
sheerblonde823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheerblonde823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 6:37pm
I just recently got a Chi (after using a solano, which I believe I paid too much for - ugh.)  I'm not familiar with a Hai and have not heard that Chi's are prone to shorting out, but I can tell you that I love love love my Chi.  It is so lightweight and easy to use.  I agree, the one inch would be the way to go, you always want to get closer to your roots, and I would think it would be less heavy than a 2 inch.  I also use Redken heat glide, and it is wonderful.  While I don't have the Matrix smoothing spray, I have the moisture/water lock out, and it seems to fight the moisture pretty well.  Considering I live in humid North Carolina, keeping moisture from frizzing my hair is a daily battle
luv_hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luv_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2008 at 10:18pm
I have tried HAIr flat iron and  it has lasted my over a year.  I have thick curly hair and straightens my hair super easy and leaves it shiny and healthy looking.  LOVE IT!
parkavery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 9:27am
I haven't personally heard of Hai, but anything with temperature control is better. What's the warranty like?

Wider plates are generally better for super-thick hair, as they make it easier to manage.
HAIRpros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIRpros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 5:01pm
Kandee Johnson, that YouTube diva gives a great tutorial on how to curl hair with a flat iron: http://bit.ly/kandeejohnson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic