Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HERBAL ESSENCES HIGHLIGHTER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swt_hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swt_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HERBAL ESSENCES HIGHLIGHTER
    Posted: September 16 2003 at 8:30pm
i really want to buy this product but i don't know if it really works because, see:
if u comb ur hair half way, there will be no more dye on the comb.. it's gonna screw up the highlights...
will that happen.. and plz reply only if u tried the product thanks!!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2003 at 7:42am
That product sounds like a mistake waiting to happen.

I speak from experience when I say highlights are VERY hard to get right at home. I did my friend's hair once and while the color was beautiful, it was extremely difficult to evenly space them. I strongly recommend getting salon highlights if you can afford them, if for no other reason than having someone else to blame if something gets screwed up!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
queenomandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenomandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 1:28am
I read on their website that you start halfway down your hair and comb through the ends and then reaply starting at your scalp and meeting up with the middle. They also recommend practicing with conditioner first to get the hang of it. I'd like to try it but I'm still not sure...
Bridget Miller View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 2:37pm
I used the Herbal Essence Highlights and had good results with it. My natural hair color is dark blond/light brown. When I try to lighten, I usually end up with my hair looking reddish. I dyed my hair using an all over color and felt that it was a little too dark. I then bought the Herbal Essence kit and had great blond results, without turning my hair red. Good product!!
redcheese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redcheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 5:11pm
I tried that Herbal Essences Highlight System on my natural color--a light coppery red-orange--and made a few little streaks toward the front of my head, near my face. It didn't lighten my hair too much, and the comb thing was really unwieldy. There's no way you can get the result on the box from the comb. I gave up and used an old toothbrush. :)

It'll probably show up differently on everyone's hair, though. I guess it wasn't that bad. The conditioner that comes with it is dreamy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic