Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age Limits For Pixies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 3:18pm
Maria - My depiction was figurative - NOT Literal.
That would be silly.

jacqui
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 5:50pm
I know Jacqui. I was just being a little silly too.
Lady Maria
Jazzy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 1:30pm
OK I think we all agreed that Pixie cuts are not limited by age or other factors and that bottom line they can look good on anyone. However, I have an auntie that has a pixie and it makes her nose look a lot more prominent and accentuates her double chin. So I definitely think that people who aren't good Pixie candidates should wear different styles. Just my opinion but thought I would share.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 9:55am
Hi Jazzy,

Yeah...well in theory it is a good idea that people select styles that enhance rather than detract from flaws but in reality people always don't. Why? Bad advice from a stylist or well meaning friend, lack of awareness of how to enhance w/ hairstyles or possibly even a lack of concern. Some people will opt for short and easy regardless of how it looks on them because of the convenience factor. So yes, I agree with you. However, life doesn't always work that way. :-)

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 11:48pm
Age is irrelevant.
How you look in short hair is the ONLY thing that matters.
People should know if they can wear their hair short, and how short they can wear it.
tina
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 11:36pm
Obviously, people should wear their hair how they like it best. After all, we're the ones who have to look in the mirror each day!

However, more than age, I say that the more overweight a person is, the worse super short hair can look. Short hair *can* (I'm not saying it always does) make an average-size person look heavier than she really is. A longer pixie might work for an obese woman, but real short hair just makes the entire body look bigger.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic