Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long you had short hair???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 3:39am
I think that's probably more the attitude of the women than their race, actually. If a bald woman dresses nicely and carries herself with confidence, she'll come across as strong and beautiful, where a bald woman who hides in frumpy clothes and walks with her head down and shoulders drooping, she'll look less attractive and maybe more like the ashamed cancer patient type you're thinking of. If bald women are less accepted in the white community, more white women who choose to be bald will be ridiculed more, thus affecting the way they think about and carry themselves. Or that's my theory, anyway.
If you really want to put it down to race, though, there are differences in head shapes between the races. Maybe you just find the shape of Caucasian heads generally less appealing when exposed. *shrugs*

Originally posted by bronnie bronnie wrote:

I hesitate to post this because I don't want to come across as a racist but I think it is worth discussing. I'm just trying to add to a thought provoking discussion so please don't take offense.

I know there are people who read this board that like bald women but I don't consider myself one of them . . . for the most part. The exception for me is that I think some of the African women that shave their heads (I think it is traditional?) look elegant, strong and quite stunning. Somehow bald white women mostly look like cancer patients to me. I'm not comfortable with this double standard but there it is. Does anyone agree or have an explanation?
More awesome than a manatee!
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 6:48pm
LOL @ Bronnie. Yeah i thought the same the same thing.
---------->I love<3 this game!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic