Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Celebs Who Have Gone From Long/Short/Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celebs Who Have Gone From Long/Short/Long
    Posted: January 26 2005 at 9:21am
kate moss was my favourite very long to very very short hairstyle, and spawned a thousand imitators...shame she then got drasticextensions..wich looked awful.....
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 7:50am
Tia looks really nice in longish hair, but the short hairstyles are very cookie-cutter and wiggy looking. She looks like someone who went into a mall salon and took the first opening.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 5:02am
Salli Richardson is cool-- she was the voice of Elisa in "Gargoyles"! *sweatdrops* Okay, so I've only seen her face in a couple of things. . . but she's still cool! She looks a lot like Elisa. Oh yeah, she looked nice in short hair, too :-) . *sighs relief, having avoided being completely OT at the last minute*

Originally posted by Peach05 Peach05 wrote:

Salli Richardson did look beautiful with her short as well. Here's a pic of her btw: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800183439&cf=pg&photoid=131786&intl=us ,

[ http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800183439&cf=pg&photoid=158574&intl=us
More awesome than a manatee!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 1:02am
http://www.clairedanes.com/photos/road3.jpg
claire danes short and long
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Peach05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peach05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

She looks tiny in long hair, like it overwhelms her petite frame and features, especially when it's as large and curly as it has been. Short, straight hair just makes her look more in proportion, and shows off her delicate features more, I think.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

94harley, yes Salli Richardson did look beautiful with her short as well. Here's a pic of her btw: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800183439&cf=pg&photoid=131786&intl=us ,

[ http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800183439&cf=pg&photoid=158574&intl=us

Tia Carrere looks pretty too... with both long and short hair!
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 8:07pm
Tia looks sensation in a short bob hairdo!!! Many Asian ladies in fact look very attractive in bob hairstyles, and it is a common style with them also.

I'm sure a woman of Tia's beauty would look good in a very short crop too, including a pixie or even a shaved head.
BarberDave View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarberDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 7:57pm
How About Tia Carrere?
The seductress was Cassandra on "Wayne's World" and its subsequent sequel. She had long hair and admiteddly it did look good. Around 1995-1996 she had short hair and it looked even better.

Jerky Flea Even Had an Article on her and her haircut in the mid 1990's It's still on this link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/JerkyFlea/JerkyFlea_July2000_1.htm

Here is another Photo of her sporting a sexy short cut:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0116531/hsh8.jpg

Unfortunately she reverted back to long hair with no hope of her getting it cut short ever again (Then again I did not Think Alanis Morisette would go as short as she did go).

94harley View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:17pm
Here's one I haven't seen anyone else post Salli Richard-Whitfied. extremely long to long to extremely short to long. 1st saw her in Posse with Mario Van Peebles
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 4:21am
She looks tiny in long hair, like it overwhelms her petite frame and features, especially when it's as large and curly as it has been. Short, straight hair just makes her look more in proportion, and shows off her delicate features more, I think.

Originally posted by Peach Peach wrote:

The only person I can think of now is Halle Berry that lately been wearing some curly hairstyle. Personally I think she should go back short again, it''s something about her with a short cut that makes her really stands out. Besides, I always admire her hairstyles.

Peach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:13am
The only person I can think of now is Halle Berry that lately been wearing some curly hairstyle. Personally I think she should go back short again, it''s something about her with a short cut that makes her really stands out. Besides, I always admire her hairstyles.

miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 11:07am
Most recent famous female celeb to go from long hair to short hair, Alanis Morrisette. And she looks great!
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 10:33am
Thanks, that explains it. I had no idea that there was an automatic board censor.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 11:53pm
Automatic board censor. . . it goes out of control a lot, even on innocent names like Hilary's or the vixce prez's. . .
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 10:08am
8. Hilary S**** went very short for her Academy award winning role in Boys Don't Cry.

I know this is an older thread, but I've seen Hilary's name written like it is above in other threads. Why is that? Is there something about her name that we're not supposed to write? Just a bit confused, I guess.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 8:05am
I'm always disappointed when beautiful female celebs grow out their short hair. I mean, the short hair is almost invariably what makes me think they're beautiful to begin with-- I almost never give long-haired women a second glance-- so when a beautiful short-haired woman grows it out, she usually becomes ho-hum to me.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2003 at 1:05am
Many exceptions to that Rod.
Sharon Stone, Halle Berry, Winona Ryder, Charlie Theron(in her most famous role), even Persis Khambatta(bald), many others, all made a name for themselves with short hair.
In the past decade the three women who are generally considered the sexiest women by most people I know and in the celebrity mags are Halle Berry, Sharon Stone and Jennifer Lopez. Two out of three of these ladies have short or very short hair.

If you read about women in film history or have seen old films on cable T.V.,..... Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield had short hair, and they were the big sex stars of our parents and grandparents generation. This is nothing new, it goes back to the short haired bobbed sexy ladies of the 1920s era.

But it is actually much more common in the music world. There have been many short haired women who made it big in music. Sometime when I have the time I will compile a list of female singers who made it big while wearing short or very short hair.
tina
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 11:36pm
Sometimes an actress cuts her hair for a part. Looking down the list, I can see a number of actresses who did just that. Once the part's done, they go back to the long hair they want. When Demi Moore went short both times, she did so for a movie.

Long hair is often considered sexier and it often makes a woman look younger. Actresses have to be concerned with how other people see them. If her agent and others tell her these things, they are impactful. Actresses always want to play younger than their age. It gives them more options.

The parts an actress will be able to read for often are determined by her look. Long hair is the sexy temptress and short hair is the cute best friend or the wife.

Consider Keri Russell. She loved short hair. The reaction to it probably has her thinking keeping it short will hurt her career.
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 11:19pm
One thing I don't understand about all this is that while an actress may wear her hair in a longer style for quite sometime they seldom maintain a short cut and usually start growing it out immediately. This observation is a generalization of course with exceptions already noted.

Jodie Foster, for example, has made a number of movies in the past several years, mostly with longer hair, but invariably turns up at the awards ceremonies afterwards with the killer chin length bob that I find so attractive on her.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 8:33pm
Whew!!!!!.
What a list Rod!!!!! You have done your research fella!!!
tina
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 8:26pm
Long to short to long

Alyssa Milano (twice)
Bonnie Summerville
Bridget Fonda
Cameron Diaz
Carla Gugino
Charlize Theron
Courtney Cox (twice)
Courtney Thorne-Smith
Cynthia Watros
Demi Moore (twice)
Elisabeth Shue