Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want to go short

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ashley16 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want to go short
    Posted: April 11 2003 at 6:44pm
Hi

I glad that the hair-boutique hair talk message board has decided to put a Short Hair board up because thats the one thing that this message board needed

I''''m 16 years old with just past shoulder length dark hair with some blonde highlights in my hair also my face shape is oval with blue eyes and I have decided that I want to get my boring long hair cut off because I want to do some thing completely different with my long hair

I want to go short but I can't decide on which short hair cut to get done and I have decided on two short hair cuts that I really like on me and its either a short pixie or a crop but I can''''t decide on what cut to get because what I want to know is what is the difference in between a short pixie or a crop and if some one can tell me what the difference is in between theses two cuts please post a message to tell me the difference is and thanks

Ashley
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 7:34pm
Hi Ashley, I think it is great that you are considering a short hairstyle. Wonderful!
Your face shape sounds great for a short style, an oval face is ideal. With your dark hair and blue eyes I'm sure you would look great in a pixie or a short crop.

Ashley, myself and Karen Shelton have allready discussed what we consider the difference between a pixie and a short crop hairstyle on another thread on this Short Hair Board. Go to the thread that says;- WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SHORT STYLE posted by HAIRGUY 00. There you can read what people consider to be different short hairstyles if you read through all of the comments by everyone writing there.

I wear my hair in a very short pixie myself, and I love it and the man I am marrying soon loves it too!

I wish you the best of luck Ashley!!! Let us know what style you choose, I'm sure it will be adorable!
Lady Maria
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 9:07pm
Hi ashley,
getting a short haircut is a big thing. Alot of people love it while alot of people regret it. What makes you want to get a haircut?...What made you decide on two styles that are so short?

-HG
MightyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 9:54pm
Ashley, I think it's great that you have decided to go short, but as Hairguy said, it is a big step, and considering the cuts you are looking at, both are going to be a VERY dramatic change for you. Hopefully when you do decide to "go for it" you will post some before and after pictures. Good luck.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 12:33pm
I don't know Ashley, my daughter is your age and if even an inch is cut off her long hair she and her friends mourn it for days. I would go short gradually. Maybe go for an inverted bob or something first, or cut some bangs. Be careful. You can always grow it back out but it takes years.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Melba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 10:20pm
The girl wants to go short Demodoll, why discourage her?????!!!!!
The whole purpose of this short hair board is to enjoy short hair not discourage it!!!!!

Ashley girl, you go ahead and try a pretty short hairstyle. I knew plenty of girls who wore their hair very short back when I was in high school, and believe me they got plenty of fellas to date them. If you got the face for it, the look for it, you try it girl!!!!! Make yourself look pretty too, wear your make up just right and wear some pretty dresses and clothes and some of your nice earrings and so forth to compliment your short hair look!!!
I suggest you go to a beauty parlor to have your hair cut short and discuss it with the hairdresser, the different styles you could choose.

And don't go to no cheap place, Cost Cutters or what have you. Go to a good salon since it is your first time goin with a short crop.
Opthalacanthampod-Glyvxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opthalacanthampod-Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 12:17am
Girls who take risks are totally sexy, cutting your hair all at once will bring out your wild side.

Opthalacanthampod-Glyvxx,
Older brother to Aoecean-Glyvxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 9:36am
Let us know Ashley what short style you decide on.
Good luck young lady!
Lady Maria
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 1:22pm
I am just speaking from recent (very painful) experience with a 16 year old girl. I am a short hair advocate myself. I would just encourage her to go slowly because the road back if you are unhappy is very long when you go very short. Ya know? I don't see anything wrong with taking it in steps to be sure she is happy. That way she will stay a short hair advocate too. The shock from long to short is a big one, especially at that age and can warp a girl's mind against short hair. I know plenty of people that has happened to and look at all those stars who cut it all off, look really good, but then go back to long and stringy. I am just advising to err on the side of caution. I am NOT saying not to go short.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 1:24pm
A pixie is an inch or less side-parted above the ears style made popular by Mia Farrow, and more recently worn by Charlize Theron, Ashley Judd, and Marley Shelton.

A crop is usually about 2-3" with long bangs, but still above the ears. When Linda Evangalista and Demi Moore, for "Ghost", popularized this style in the early 90's, it was at it's zenith. Ashley Scott had her hair cut in a crop last year for the TV show "Birds of Prey."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 7:07pm
Interesting Rod, I have heard people give different definitions of what is a "crop" or a "pixie" but your definition makes sense as well.

Where did you get your definitions from? Are you a hairdresser or know people in that business? It seems as if you have some knowledge of this.
Lady Maria
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2003 at 3:14pm
Just picked up a thing or two by listening.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic