Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How short would you dare go?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Melba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 7:49pm
Brent .

I wear my hair in a short afro that is cut so short, cropped close to the head, that it is a buzzcut!!!

I work in a government office and I've never had a problem with anyone wearing it this short.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 3:55pm
There shoukd be no artificially imposed limits on how short a woman can go with her hair. It is totally an individual thing.
___as mentioned a woman as beautiful as Halle Berry looks great with super short hair. Persis Khambatta and Eve salvail looked sensational bald for that matter. Other women should go no shorter than a bob cut.
As with men there should be no limit imposed on a woman.

__the other thing to consider other than a woman being honest with herself on how short she can go and look good ,is her work situation. most workplaces accept short pixies and short afros on African-American women but would not accept a buzzcut or shaved head on a lady. In the arts fields or certain other fields even a shaved head would be accepted.
_____obviously a woman has to take into account her workplace situation.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Lady Maria Lady Maria wrote:

If you are a man who admires women with short hair, how short do you think a woman should go with her hair?

Assuming of course that she has the features to go with a very short look.

Interesting question... I'm not even sure what my answer would be. Halle Berry, for instance, can go incredibly short, like she has it now. But I personally think she looked even sexier in 'Swordfish', when she had a more wild, curly look -- it just seemed friskier. So I like a little bit of length to run my fingers through, but not enough to hide a gal's ears or neck.
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 2:51pm
When I had long hair I never dreamed I would go to as short of a hairstyle as I have now,(I now wear a very short, carefully styled pixie; close cropped on the sides and in back, 1 to 1 1/2 inches long on top and in front, neatly trimmed).

Whenever I see a woman with hair even shorter than mine, I often wonder how short would I dare go. An even shorter pixie/crop like the style now worn by Jamie Lee Curtis? A Susan Powter look in her platinum crewcut days? Even a Sinead O'Conner buzzcut?

I believe the shortest I could go with a hairstyle would be the very short crewcut length of Susan Powter. And being Hispanic with a "tan" complexion and dark eyes(like Susan has), I would love to see what I would look like in a platinum crewcut!

I don't think I have the guts to go that short though and bleach my hair platinum blonde. I probably won't go any shorter than I have my hair now.

If you are a woman who wears short hair, how short with your hairstyle would you dare go?
If you are a man who admires women with short hair, how short do you think a woman should go with her hair?

Assuming of course that she has the features to go with a very short look.
Lady Maria
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic