Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help deciding to cut hair or not

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sky View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help deciding to cut hair or not
    Posted: April 21 2003 at 5:39pm
I am a girly girl with medium length hair and I was recently thinking about changing my hair. I made an appointment to get it cut but now I'm having second thoughts. I have an oval shaped face and I've been told I would look so pretty with short hair like Halle Berrys. I'm really not sure if I should cut it, I would hate to do it and then regret it. This would be my first time cutting my hair that short, does anybody have any ideas about how to calm nerves? I kind of want to cut all of my hair off at once because the last time I gradually cut it I backed down and ended up with a hairstyle I hated rather than going for what I really wanted, an ultra short pixie. Please Help.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2003 at 5:53pm
Hello Sky

Do you truly want to cut your hair - or is is just because you feel peer pressure to do so?

If your nerves need calming and you are unsure of your personal intentions, I suggest you wait a couple of weeks and think about it.
You may regret a sudden decision for a long time.

I suggest that while you are thinking about it, you could look at the different hairstyle options available to you - try this link to the HairBoutique Hairstyle Galleries: http://gallery.hairboutique.com/default.asp

This page contains an interactive style selector that will show you a range of styles that would complement your face shape, hair texture, etc.

Take your time and best of luck.

Uzma
Uzi

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2003 at 6:36pm
Go to a wig store and try on a real short pixie wig. Look it over in the mirror and see how comfortable you feel. If you don't get excited to have this cut, don't cut it.
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2003 at 11:07pm
If you are pretty as Halle Berry or even close to as beautiful as she is, what are you worried about.

If you have the face and look for a short style, then go ahead and try it. It grows back anyway if you don't like it.

When I went to my short hairstyle, I went to a good salon and talked with the beautician there, and got her advice on what short style would look good on me.

I went first to a bob cut and then eventually very short to a short pixie like I wear it now.
I believe I have good features for short hair.

Go to a beauty salon and ask the experts and look at photos of different short styles.

In my opinion, if a woman has the features for short hair, she can look even more stunning in short hair than in longer hair.

Halle Berry is a good example of that. So is Susan Powter, Winona Ryder, Sharon Stone, and many other women, including everyday women you see on the street.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Lady Maria
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2003 at 11:26pm
Hey, hair always grows back. You could always try something around chin length, then it wouldn't take so long to grow back...you can always go shorter...

Good luck, let us know what you decide
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 11:46am
Be sure that your hair is the right thickness and texture before going that short. Baby-fine, straight hair doesn't work too well with this cut because it won't fluff out like Halle's (believe me, I have personal experience with this). I would think that real curly hair wouldn't lend itself to this cut either. I think the idea of trying on a wig is great. That is how you can tell if this is something you really want.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Sky View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 4:58pm
I originally posted about wanting to cut off all of my hair to a short pixie. I went to the salon and I talked to the stylist she suggested that I do it gradually and start with something like a bob, since I was really nervous. She cut my hair chin length and I really wasn't pleased with the look when I got home, I really wanted to go much shorter. So I called her back about an hour later and she told me to come right back to the salon and she would take it all off. I went back and she cut my hair really short and I love it now. It's like Halle Berry's maybe even a little shorter. It's the best thing I've ever done with my hair and I feel like I look so much better than I did before with my long hair.
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 7:07pm
Great Sky! Welcome to the short haired ladies club! Best wishes!

It sounds like your new hair cut is VERY short and VERY adorable!
Lady Maria
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2003 at 3:07pm
Do you have a picture you can post? We would love to see it.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 7:41pm
Good for you Sky! I can imagine it is a cute and sexy look!!!!
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2004 at 8:28pm
Great 2 hear that u went through with cutting your hair.I have 2 admit at first when i was reading your previous post about how u were saying that once u got home u weren't satisfied with your new 'do i thought u were gonna say u wish u never had cut it but as i kept reading 2 my surprise u actually said u liked it and that u wanted 2 go even shorter.In a way i was very happy 2 hear that being that i love short hair so much and plan 2 get mine cut myself 4 the summer in T-Boz's cute but still sexy cut because i play basketball.It kind of in a way boosted my confidence in getting my hair cut,and if once i get it cut i might even go shorter than what it originally was depending on how it would look and most importantly how GOOD it would look on me.
---------->I love<3 this game!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic