Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

natalie imbruglia's hair - opinions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dizbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: natalie imbruglia's hair - opinions?
    Posted: May 06 2003 at 10:23pm
hi all -

i fell in love with natalie imbruglia's short hair (not her most recent look, but the one she had in her "torn" music video), and got the look about 4 years ago. i LOVED it, and sorta want it back because i am sick to death of longer hair. i got tons of compliments on it then, even from random strangers, but honestly, i don't know if the style is still current enough for me since i like to keep an updated look. what do you all think? i posted a link to a photo, but i'm not sure if it'll work. if it doesn't and no one has a clue about what look i'm talking about, PLEASE let me know and i will try to show you. thanks so much - i need the advice!!!

http://www.14natalie.com/pictures/NatalieImbruglia168.jpg
dizbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 10:30pm
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 11:20pm
I'm not really a short-hair person but thinking back on Natalie's past and present looks I really liked the short cut. It distinguised her from the plethora of long-haired performers out there and emphasized her bone structure and blue eyes. Her new look isn't awful--I just don't think it's terribly unique.

If the style flattered your face, garnered lots of compliments and generally made you feel good, why not get it again? I'm no expert but Natalie's old cut doesn't look like a style that expires easily (unlike, say the 70's-era wings that staged a comeback recently.) If you like it, why not go for it and ignore whatever "trends" dictate? I've made a point to completely ignore whatever the fashionistas say, since trends change too quickly and hair doesn't grow fast enough to keep up. It's like capri pants. I don't care HOW many people say they're the hottest thing since Elvis, I hate them and will NEVER buy a pair! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 12:02am
The haricut is edgy and stands out, but I don't think it was ever in. Certain bobs (e.g. Julie Christie in Shampoo ) or crops (e.g. Demi Moore in Ghost ) may look dated today, but this style will probably look just as edgy.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 9:49am
Natalie's short hairdo is plenty "in". You see plenty of women with that style. Very sexy look!!!
dizbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 12:43pm
thanks so much for the feedback - keep it comin'! i think i'll prolly go ahead and chop off my hair again, but i just moved. this cut is definitely not something i would trust to any stylist, but i have no clue how to find a good one in my area. is there some sort of listing of professional/trained/experienced stylists or something that i could look up? i don't know anyone in town yet that i could ask, and i would like to get my hair cut asap. any advice on what to ask or look for? thanks again for all your help!!!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 1:50pm
What does your hair look like now? Why the rush to cut if off? Is there some reason to cut it now? To find a good stylist in your city, you need to let people know what city you're in. Karen knows good stylists everywhere and there are probably members who live in your city.
dizbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 4:32pm
i'm in jacksonville, florida. if anyone knows a great person/place, i would be forever grateful!!!

since you asked, my hair is a bit past shoulder length now, in essentially two layers. it's pretty fine (altho i have a lot of it), and i have to blowdry it for it not to look stringy. also, i have an oval shaped face, so the longer hair makes my face look very long. i'm starting grad school really soon and will be incredibly busy, so i want to look good with minimal fuss.

but i need a stylist i can trust! any suggestions in the jacksonville area are much appreciated!
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 4:31am
dizbug...The style is really cute and fun looking. It is quite current too.

About the salon in Jacsonville...why don't you post your question below in the salonfinder section?

Good luck and let us know how the cut goes!

Jacqui
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 4:45pm
Hi Dizbug,

Someone did post some salons in your area on the board so let us know if you check any of those out. I am always interested to hear who is good in various locations. Toni and Guy is known for their stylists that are good with cutting. You might find the largest Toni & Guy in your area and call and ask for their best and most experienced "cutter". Then make an appointment for a consultation ONLY. Ask to see their book and take photos of Natalie.

One thing I can tell you about Natalie. She has very fine and very thin hair. I read an interview with her stylist a few years back and the reason she wears her hair so short w/ different lengths around the face is because her hair is extremely fine and slippery and her face is small and petitie. It suits her hair texture along with her eyes.

I think there is an article about Natalie here at HB.com somewhere but I can't remember the URL. If I find it, I will post the link later.

Good luck and let us all know how it turns out for you.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
shelton@hairboutique.com
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 2:15pm
Dizbug, were you able to find someone who could do the natalie imbruglia cut?
gendolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gendolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2012 at 3:28am
style pulse you might nicely want a wedding dress that's super hot and bang on trend. Nicely, might I recommend you hold that believed a moment? Consider the height of style 20 years ago. We've all noticed our mothers wedding pictures; Massive net meringue monstrosities with bubble skirts and sleeves. Beautiful. If that appears as well distant, consider ten years ago- platform trainers and cargo pants. Or perhaps just 5 years or two years. Style moves so rapidly that a super trendy dress could turn out to be super embarassing in just a couple of months.
This Ritva Westenius dress (above) is 1 such example. This bubble/pencil skirt hybrid is massive in high street shops in the moment christian louboutin outlet . , u boat fake . for factors totally unknown to myself. Why you'd wish to leave the home on a regular day in 1 of those chaotic, unflattering beasts is beyond me, let alone on your wedding day. You can be stashing your wedding pictures away in shame just this time subsequent year. As for this Alfred Sung style prom gowns . , the leading component is beautiful. Classic, elegant and timeless- every thing you would like inside a wedding dress. So why destroy it with this bubbly tucked skirt. Fishtail skirts are fantastic along with a vintage classic. This 21st century take on a fishtail skirt isn't. It creates the impact of searching like a half-melted candle. Not fairly what I mean by a hot appear. Take my guidance: Select some thing easy and classic. A dress which will by no means date replica rolex watch winder . . That way even in 50 years time, while your friends' pictures collect dust hidden within the darkest corners from the attic, plus bridesmaid dresses you are able to proudly show off your wedding pictures using
gendolly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic