Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haircut.net

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 11:47am
I found that site several years ago and sometimes I look to see if they have anything new. They do actually occasionally have good long to short stories and some cute styles but you have to be willing to go through the bald/buzz stuff to find it. The thing I liked is that the people are real and don't look so much like perfect models whose hair probably never looks as good as it does in the "mug shot" pictures that we see.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2003 at 4:23pm
Out of curiosity I looked up the Haircut.net website.
Some of the women actually looked good bald, others didn't.
Surely it's not for every woman.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 8:12pm
I actually stumbled on to that website one day just surfing.
It isn't a haircut site or short haired site per se, it is essentially a shaved head site, a "bald look" site.
What it consists of is young woman,( the majority of them with long hair, at least shoulder length) who get their heads shaved bald, even lathered smooth.

It's not for the faint of heart, it is very dramatic. .....(-Which I would assume is part of it's great appeal, one extreme to the other, a dramatic change in look-).

Most women wouldn't dare go to that extreme, though I've noticed the shaven head style for women has become a bit more common.
I wear my hair short to an extreme but even a woman as fashion-liberated as myself would have difficulty having my head shaved and lathered bald.

I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with doing that and I know full well there is an active community of men and women who are very into being totally bald but the title of this website is a bit misleading, you should know that. It is a website designed for the bald community not for short haired lovers as such.
tina
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 8:20am
I have to agree with Rob and Beth. I don't really think it can be called a short hair site... more of a buzz and bald site... JMO. Though I do enjoy short hair for me the whole point is to make a pretty woman prettier not just cut hair for the sake of cutting it.
Sarah Beth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 10:11pm
Unfortunately they also have been known to "borrow" copyrighted photos from the Web w/out permission and other media and are hard core fetish folks. Shave fanatics.

Yes, a place for everyone but definitely you need to know what you are getting in before you go there since it is not anything like a site for people that just enjoy short hair.

Just my opinion.

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 8:37pm
They do a lot of headshaving and some short haircuts. It isn't for everyone. I like sexy hairstyles, so I don't quite get bald.

They've been selling videos for years and are still around. They must be giving their regulars exactly what they want, so they're doing something right. There should be a place on the web for all kinds.
Aoecean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 8:19pm
Haircut.net, one of the definitive sites for people who like short hair...Your thoughts on the site?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic