Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Earrings with short hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Earrings with short hair
    Posted: June 06 2003 at 6:22pm
What kind of earrings do all of you people like on women with short hair;
...Long dangle earrings?
... Larger Hoops?
....petite smaller earrings?
I wear all three types of earrings at different times.
Sometimes I combine them since I have more than one piercing in each ear.

What style of earring do you think looks good on a lady with short hair; earrings that compliment her short haired look???
tina
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 11:30pm
Love long dangling earrings. Hoops would be next. I especially like earrings that are different from the norm (and long and dangling)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 3:03am
I like lots of tiny earrings on multiply-pierced ears.
Very tiny, different coloured/designed studs.

Also like those ear-grips that latch onto the upper curve of the ear. In silver - with a turquoise patch.

Wearing a combination of different styles of earrings can be artisitic and original is it is done right. Ear art!!

Brings back good memories of the punk era...

See ya, Tina

Uzi X X
Uzi

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 1:54pm
Yeah I love long dangle earrings too LS&B ESPECIALLY with super short hair (like mine is right now, I just got my hair trimmed again today and it's as short as I have ever had it, less than 1/2 inch at it's longest, very short close cropped pixie).

I like your idea Uzma of wearing several small stud or small earrings of different types. I have three piercings in each ear and I sometimes do that.

What I actually do most often is wear all the same type of jewelry. I like that look. For example I will wear gold studs in each of my pierced nostrils, long dangle earrings at the bottom of my ears, and two small gold studs in the other two piercings in my ears. -(So I essentially am wearing 6 gold studs total in nose and ears and two long dangle earrings in ears.
....also wear a gold necklace and gold bracelets with it.
I sometimes do the same thing all in silver.
-( I like torquoise and silver jewelry too Uzma, especially such jewelry designed by Native American Indians like the southwest Navajos. Beautiful stuff!!! I own some of that style of jewelry.)-.

Another nice earring combination is gold dangle earrings with diamond studs, along with gold or diamond nose studs or small gold hoop noserings.
tina
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 6:26pm
Oh yes yes! Wearing fun earrings is one of the best things about having short hair! When I had a pixie (which was junior high, but still) I wore dangles all the time.

I just watched Some Kind of Wonderful last night. Mary Stuart Masterson is the best part about that movie. I just love her, especially with that short hair and fun earrings!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 1:11am
I mean no offense (which means that this opinion will indeed offend), but long earrings with short hair, in my opinion, look like a little girl playing dress-up with lipstick extended way beyond her lips.

It looks like the length of the earrings is a desperate attempt to make up for the lack of hair on the head. When I see long or big earrings on a woman with little hair, to me, it just looks silly, like she's trying to overcompensate for the length that she's missing on her head.

I often see older women with short hair and long earrings, and it simply looks like they're trying way too hard. It's an "affected" look, like they don't know what looks good.

When I wore short hair, I looked much more elegant in smaller earrings that didn't extend much below the earlobe. I think that look can be very classy, but long earrings with short hair, unfortunately, far too often looks tasteless and cheap.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 5:13am
It depends upon the long earring. Some are elegent looking.
tina
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 9:40pm
I am especially fond of long dangling earings with short crops. My wife made some 5" or so very elegant earings from cut cyrstal beads from a broken crucifix that had too many sections missing to repair. I thought they were stunning on her with the pixie hair cut she had at the time. They also look great with another of my favorite short haircuts, the cap style crop that was so popular in the early to mid '90s worn by Demi Moore, Kimberly Foster and Josie Bisset. Shorter natural stone bead dangling earings are among my favorites also on women with short hair.

I remember liking large cabochon type earings with short hair also. Perhaps not an every day look though. Hoops look good on the right person, and when they work they look great.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 9:19am
Old topic, but I'm posting anyway.
I think it depends on how short the hair is. When I had a bob for a while, I was annoyed by the fact it would cover my earrings, so I would either fasten it out of the way so you could see my ears clearly, or wear long, dangly earrings that would hang lower than the hair just so you could see them. When I had a buzzcut for a while, I found large or very feminine earrings looked strange with it, so I tried to stick to smaller, more unisex kinds. Between those two extremes, I'll wear pretty much anything that looks right with the outfit, and it looks fine to me. It's just that since I have multiple earrings (in my left ear only, but still multiples) I usually wear smaller earrings just so they don't interfere with filling the next hole.
I really like small hoops on pretty much any short-haired girl, though. I think that's probably the best.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 8:48am
Small hoops can be nice.
My favorite earrings that I like to wear are a pair of long (two and a half inch) dangle earrings in 14ct. gold that are thin and elegent. Hard to explain the design but very narrow at the top and a little wider at the bottom, tapered gradually in an oblong shape. Expensive too I would imagine, but they were given to me as a gift from a gentleman I was seeing a few years back.
tina
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 6:47pm
Several ear piercings with long earrings in the bottom hole working up to smaller earrings or studs in the upper piercings. This is most common with women who have several piercings, and looks best. My wife wears her earrings this way.

Fine jewelry is best, especially gold. Costume jewelry I'm less enthused with. Better to have a fair amount of fine jewelry than too much costume jewelry.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 6:47pm
Several ear piercings with long earrings in the bottom hole working up to smaller earrings or studs in the upper piercings. This is most common with women who have several piercings, and looks best. My wife wears her earrings this way.

Fine jewelry is best, especially gold. Costume jewelry I'm less enthused with. Better to have a fair amount of fine jewelry than too much costume jewelry.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 9:04pm
I agree with what you said Brent, especially the part about fine jewelry!
tina
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 2:32pm
If I could chime in with my two cents, and even if I can't, I will. :-)

Small hoops look very nice on haircuts where the lobes of the ears show. Crops and pixies tend to look better with multiple studs and or something that dangles at the bottom.

I prefer silver over gold myself, so does my wife, but gold or something with precious stones can look quite elegant. My preference is toward hoops though.

It doesn't look anything like little girls playing dress up to me. More like a woman not strapped into an age-old stereotype of femininity.
Peace to all
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 7:46pm
Good comments Headboy!
Hoops and long dangles are nice. Especially slender,elegent earrings!
tina
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 4:11pm
When I had a short pixie I loved wearing long earrings, the longer the better. I am Native-American and love our jewelry, especially silver and turqouise but I also love 14ct. gold and white gold.
I wear my hair long mid-back now but I still love long earrings!
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 7:17pm
I enjoy earrings more with short hair. I just have each lobe pierced once and I used to just wear small hoops or studs. my favorite earrings with short hair are now 2" hoops.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 8:36pm
Two inch hoops are great with short hair Bronnie you are very right.
My wife often wears hoops like that in the lower piercings she has and then smaller hoops or studs in the upper piercings of her ears. She has five piercings in each ear lobe and often wears five earrings per ear.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 8:38pm
Native American jewelry and earrings are beautiful Dakota Diva.

Especially the jewelry of the Southwest U.S. Indians such as the Navajos!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 12:56am
DakotaDiva and Bronnie.
Thanks for your input. I agree with both of you on your earrings and jewelry ideas!
tina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic