Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cutiebeachblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cutiebeachblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer Cut
    Posted: June 13 2003 at 9:59pm
Hi on Tuesday I will be going to the salon to have my hair cut for the summer. I have an oval face and I have blonde hair that is about to my bra strap. I want to have my hair cut into a bob but with a really short nape, but I am worried about cutting that much off. Please help me find a cut that will be nice and short for the summer and will look good when I enter high school next year. Once I get it done I will tell you about my experience. Thanks again
Alexandra
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 10:28pm
My best advice to you is have your bob cut done at a good beauty salon. Have the beautician at the salon show you different styles of short bobs from photos and discuss with him or her what style would look best on you. But have it done professionally. A bob cut is not something you can have done for you by a friend or do-it-yourself.

Bob cuts are fabulous, I used to have one before I went shorter and I loved it.! Glad you have chosen that style girl! It is just a very sexy and sophisticated style, and guys love it on women!
tina
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 11:17pm
You may want to get it cut in stages. That's a lot to get cut off if you're unsure.

Try the following websites for styles:
http://gallery.hairboutique.com/default.asp

http://www.hairdos.com/frameset.htm
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 11:21pm
hi,
im with rod on this one, thats alot of hair to lose at one time, i recommend maybe going to your shoulder this appointment, see how you like it, then go from there. going from bra strap length to being able to have a short nape would be a very drastic change, one you might not totally be ready for
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 12:23pm
There are many websites for bobs. Do a general search and you should find many of them. I'm sure you will find a pic that suits you. I say go for it!
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 8:10pm
I say go for it too!!!
You see those sorts of short hairdos everywhere on the ladies and they look great !
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 9:20pm
Count me with the go for it group.. Check out this link

http://www.bobpage.de/buzz/buzz.html
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Cutiebeachblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cutiebeachblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 9:50pm
Sorry it took so long, my appointment was post-poned til Friday because my stylist Jennifer was sick. Well I pondered what to do, but Friday came and before I knew it I was at the salon. Jen brought me to the back to get my hair washed, and then I sat in the chair. She asked me if I wanted just a trim, but I said I wanted something dramatic, short, and an all around color change. She suggested that she first cut to the shoulders, and proceed from there. I felt so nervous as she was pinning my hair up and cutting more and more off. But after seeing it shoulder length, I thought that maybe we should go for my hair being up to my chin. Jennifer suggested that she cut it short in the back, and do a shatter effect around my face. This is where it got scary, she spun me around, and tilted my head down to my breast, then she started this buzzer which took a lot off of my nape, I think she said she used a 4 and 3. But I never knew you used those on girls. After that experience, she used a razor to give it depth around my face,and cut the remainder off. Next week I am going in for another appointment, my question is, I have blonde hair, should I get highlights, or have it died platinum. I am even considering going shorter, it is the best thing ever having a short haircut, thanks for all of your help!
Alexandra
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 11:20pm
If you are doing color, you may want to consider what my wife did today...she got a short, choppy style (like Paige Davis on Trading Spaces), and the front is VERY blonde, but the back bottom layers are very VERY red! great effect. very popular right now.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 4:58am
Highlights are better for you-- bleaching to platinum would be more drying. I've even heard about people whose hair got so damaged from bleaching it would fall out, but I'm not sure how often you have to do it before it gets that damaged.

Quote ext week I am going in for another appointment, my question is, I have blonde hair, should I get highlights, or have it died platinum.
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 3:11pm
Yeah i agree with what Kuroneko said,dont bleach it platinum just go 4 highlights 4 now.
---------->I love<3 this game!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic