Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another question for the guys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another question for the guys
    Posted: June 17 2003 at 8:55pm
A number of men have posted here saying they love short hair on women.
If you could choose what type of short hairstyle your woman would have, what type of short hairstyle would it be?
tina
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 9:14pm
It depends on the woman. Different women look good in different styles. I've dated women that I thought looked better in long hair. I like it when a woman I date tries different hairstyles, as long as each looks good on her.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 9:15pm
I love really short pixies and buzz cuts... but my all time fav is a curly top with buzzed sides and nape...
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 9:53pm
Thanks for your opinions Rod and Tony.

Wow Tony,..... you like many short hairstyles on women, including buzzcuts on women! You really do like short haired women!. I have known other guys who like that on women too. I have had a couple of guys mention to me that I should cut all my hair off and go with the bald look, but I have never gotten around to that. I'm content with a short pixie.

.....Any other guys out there want to answer this question?
tina
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by tina m tina m wrote:

A number of men have posted here saying they love short hair on women.
If you could choose what type of short hairstyle your woman would have, what type of short hairstyle would it be?

Short crop, almost like a grown out crewcut...but a little uneven on top.
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 12:03am
A long pixie

The other one I like is hard to describe. Its a bob in front but layered in the back. Nothing radical, but very chic. Make sense?
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 9:47am
My all time favorites are the classic bobs, preferably chin length or shorter (I like lip length that barely covers the ear lobe), with or without bangs, and the crop that was so popular in the early 90's with it's exposed nape and ears with loger layers on top and long bangs like Carrie Lowell in the James Bond movie or Demi Moore in Ghost. Think also Chynna Phillips when Wilson/Phillips was popular.

Close runner ups, the pixie, long or short and the tousled hairstyle Meg Ryan made so popular especially in the movie French Kiss.

I'd really be hard pressed to choose one favorite. In general I think a woman's feminity is enhanced more by short hair. Short haired women often appear friendlier, more open and more confident and sexy! They make the statement that they don't have to hide behind their hair to feel like a woman.

Heck, I just find short hair on women attractive!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 8:11pm
Good responses guys! Thanks!!!!
tina
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 8:19pm
As I said earlier, different styles look good on different women and women can look great in more than one style. Over the years I've fallen in love with different styles.

I first realized I loved short hair in middle school back in the 70's when a girl with very long hair cut it into a Dorothy Hamill wedge. I didn't notice her the day before, but was attracted to her that day.

In the early 80's, I loved the chin-length bob with no layers. In the late 80's, I fell in love with the cropped look Linda Evangalista sported. Now, I find unlayered chin-length bob cuts boring and like pixies. I never thought much of them then.

Lately, I find I favor the mid-neck layered look with choppy shattered ends. Of course, I'm always game for an exposed nape and a stacked back or even a crop or a pixie.
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 1:07pm
Napes and earlobes drive me wild.

I love pixies, I think buzzcuts can look very attractive on some women and Louise Brookes had the perfect haircut for her face. That's my all time favorite. Feminine, short but with a classic style. Just my opinion, on Ms. Brookes. Mostly it depends on the face of the woman wearing the cut.

May I add how wonderful it is to have a short hair board with some topics worth discussing. Thanks for starting the thread Tina, and thanks to the folks doing the dirty work of web minding.
Peace to all
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 10:57pm
Thank you Headboy!
Another appreciater of short haired looks for women! VERY GOOD!!!
tina
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 3:06pm
Faith Hills "With This Kiss" style is one of my favorites!
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 6:42pm
The obvious answer is the short style that looks best on her.
Ellestin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 6:17am
Ideally I'd like to see how she looks like with long hair, but I'll be very surprised if she proves that patient, so I'd be delighted if she stabilizes at least for a while in a bushy, chin-length style, as it seems to be her intention...

But that doesn't quite answer your question, so I'd say that my favourite of all short styles she has sported was this wise, boyish cut combed with a middle line, with the hair reaching slightly over the ears. She also definitely was sexy when clipper-shorn to stubble (she did it two or three times), but I somehow felt embarrassed at the thought of her being seen as antisocial for this matter (though I'm perfectly aware how stupid this kind of reaction is).
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 2:05pm
I love real long hair (to the small of the
back or longer) but I like bobs, too. Both
one-length and angled, as long as they're
not too extreme-looking. I don't really
care for short layered bobs and I don't
like pixies.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 7:49pm
Well I also do love bob cuts on women.

I also adore women in pixies, especially petite women who have a pretty face and beautiful eyes. Adorable! Delightful!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 8:45pm
Since I wear a short pixie, thanks for your appreciation and vote of confidence Brent.

If some people don't like women in pixies or with hair that short, that is their problem. Who cares what they think anyway!!!
tina
MightyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 11:00pm
It all depends on what looks good on her. However, there are some women (Faith Hill is an excellent example) that can wear any hairstyle at all and look terrific. My favorite would have to be a short ear length bob with a clippered nape, maybe down to about 1/4".
red_qo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_qo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2003 at 5:58pm

hi there!
i really love those short pixie-cuts on women, with the hair at the back styled a bit spikey and a side-part or a zig-zag-part at the front.
looks so sweet, shows self-esteam and isn`t always that boring long hair.
you can variate the style by putting some small glitterclip at the front, or putting all the hair back with hairpins, just do what you feel like and be sure of getting a lot of attention by many guys.
greetings
red_qo
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2003 at 6:22pm
Good Red!
tina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic