Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is short hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kengibson2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kengibson2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is short hair?
    Posted: December 13 2004 at 3:52am
I have had many hair styles. From bald to my current length of hair.

I think long hair looks excellent on men, but by the same token I see many bald men that look very good too.

Some times I want to switch to the other side and go bald, but it just does not look good on me.

For men it takes guts to go bald, or wear long hair.

A man just does not wear long hair without having a attitude about it.

Hmm maybe if I ever start losing my hair I will go bald, until then I will wear long hair.

Going bald or wearing long hair shows confidence. And that you don't care what other people are thinking about you. This type of attitude in life is good for just about any area, from relationships to careers.

People who don't care what other people think about them are leaders. A lot of people who care what people think about them are followers.
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 2:00pm
I define short hair as chin length or shorter and long as shoulder length or longer and really long as mid-back or longer.
---------->I love<3 this game!
Ellestin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 6:28am
First post here... hullo everyone.
I'd stick to the most frequent definition: for me, short is basically anything above chin-length.
But it's up to every sensibility, I don't think anyone will ever come up with a universal definition.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 2:58pm
That is why it takes more guts to go with a short do.
The problem is solved with good virtual imaging technology.
Numerous beauty shops have virtual imaging avaliable upon request . My wife tried it liked what she saw and went for the short hairdo.
Well worth it!!!!!!!!!!
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 8:39am
Quote n an earlier post on this thread, someone said that it''s easy to just chop/ cut your hair off as opposed to growing it long. I disagree with that.

I don't recall that in this particular thread, but perhaps I am mistaken.

However, I agree that the decision whether or not to cut hair may be more difficult for some than others, but the physical action of going from long to short is much easier than going from short to long.

In just a few minutes, one can go from very long to very short! However, the time it takes to go from very short to very long takes literally years.

Thus, it's useful to distinguish between the "ease" of making the decision of hairlength (which is undoubtedly a debatable point) to the ease of cutting off hair as opposed to growing it (which is undoubtedly a biological fact)!

If one makes a decision to go from short to long and later changes her mind, it is easily remedied with a haircut. If one makes a decision to go from long to short and later changes her mind, it is not nearly as easily remedied.

Just clarifying.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 11:51pm
I wonder why "short" is so different between women and men? If a man's hair is to his chin, it's long, but a woman with the same length, it's called short. It's such a double-standard. . .
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 9:19pm
Stephy,

You make a good point. Short hair is definitely about being brave and sure of yourself. I, like you, have had long and short hair and definitely remember feeling very "vulnerable" when I cut it really short. I never thought of it that way, but now I see that I do have a friend or two who also fit the "afraid to change" category.

Thought provoking....thanks.

TO stay on topic...short hair to me is anything at shoulders or above.

By the way I saw the cutest pixie on a woman today when I was out shopping....perfect for her face..lots of micro bangs and the back was cut perfectly so that there were the tiniest wisps creeping on the nape of her neck. Very good cut.

Jacqui
Stephy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 12:01am
I don''t think I''ve ever posted here. First, let me be honest with you all. I''m trying to grow my hair long. That said, I hope no one will resent me for posting this. I often take a look at the different boards, just because I am curious by nature, but also because I find it interesting just to see what other people are thinking. I have had both short and long hair.
Like everything else in life, people will criticize the choices you make (yes, that includes cutting your hair or choosing to keep your hair long). Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, this is a short hair board, and I just don''t think it''s appropriate for someone to come and post some negative comment about short hair. People have different preferences, and it''s total nonsense to try to tell someone that what they like is better or worse. The world would be rather boring if everybody had short or long hair. Although, I am presently trying to grow my hair long, I must admit that I find short hair very sexy, and attractive. In an earlier post on this thread, someone said that it''s easy to just chop/ cut your hair off as opposed to growing it long. I disagree with that. Of all the friends I''ve had, it was always the gutsier women who cut their hair off. The others who kept their hair long often admitted not to be brave enough to do so.
Right now, I have a short bob, and look damn good in it, but I want to grow it long and that''s okay too (hey, I''m even taking vitamins to help me get there faster).
And by the way, I think short hair is anything above the shoulders ( isn''t this how this whole thread started?)
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 8:45pm
*To me short hair is chin length or shorter.

**I have greatly enjoyed reading the short hair board. I know that my Tina loves it and loves the compliments that short haired women recieve here.
Thanks everyone!!!!!
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 11:46am
thank you for getting back to the real topic allie
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 5:27am
Everyone seems to have become way off topic.
Firstly,what's with the hostility? It's just hair. It grows on various parts of the body. Yay,hair. Let's argue over HAIR. Of all the things to argue over. That's so ridiculous.
Anyhow, back to the original poster's topic, I think 'short hair' is just above shoulder-length.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 4:26am
Quote bject with magical power

I subscribe to that particular definition of "fetish" when it comes to hair .

Well, what other body part can be transformed in so many different ways?

Hair is magical !!!
Uzi

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 12:10am
I'm glad to hear someone say it so rationally-- there are so many people out there who associate the word "fetish" with "freak". I mean, sure there are freaky fetishists out there, but it's not the norm by any means. I swear, I've been on so many forums for things I consider myself having fetishes for and seen people so extreme they freak me out, but there are also loads of normal people just looking for a place where they won't feel like freaks for having the preferences they do. If even a discussion as innocent as this as mostly seemed can be considered "freaky", it'll just drive all those normal people even deeper into the closet about their likes, and make them feel even more uncomfortable.
*hopes she's making some degree of sense*

Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

Tina, I think the word fetish has been mangled around here into something evil. My dictionary has a definition. No, not the one about the object with magical power.

"Any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation."

Any man or woman that is turned on by hair, short OR long, breasts, legs, feet, biceps, abs, or rear ends has a fetish. Those that have made fetish a bad word are probably sitting there thinking, 'Wait. Me being turned on by a woman's back side isn't a fetish!' It is. Everybody has fetishes! And there's nothing wrong with it.

And no, every guy walking around the mall with a short-haired girlfriend or a girlfriend who is a 36D aren't all fetish guys. Only if, they're turned on by it. Unfortunately, many men don't care at all about hair. But they probably have a different fetish.

So, I'm not going to be marginalized or deemed weird because short hair is a turn on, instead of long legs. They're just as weird as I am.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 11:57pm
Nah, I've read hair talk that was demeaning to women, and this isn't it. Now, if this place were full of guys who talked about having given their gfs embarrassingly bad haircuts because they want to control them or punish them for some perceived wrongdoing, that would be demeaning. But just talking about the definitions and perceptions of short hair, it seems pretty safe and normal to me.

Originally posted by Jeffrey Hines Jeffrey Hines wrote:

Has anyone noticed how most of this thread revolves around men stating their perceptions of women based on their hair length.

These statements are pure objectifications of women based solely on their choice of hair length. Rather demeaning to women I would think.

This whole thread is really off-topic in regards to the purpose of this forum.

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 10:07pm
Tina, I think the word fetish has been mangled around here into something evil. My dictionary has a definition. No, not the one about the object with magical power.

"Any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation."

Any man or woman that is turned on by hair, short OR long, breasts, legs, feet, biceps, abs, or rear ends has a fetish. Those that have made fetish a bad word are probably sitting there thinking, 'Wait. Me being turned on by a woman's back side isn't a fetish!' It is. Everybody has fetishes! And there's nothing wrong with it.

And no, every guy walking around the mall with a short-haired girlfriend or a girlfriend who is a 36D aren't all fetish guys. Only if, they're turned on by it. Unfortunately, many men don't care at all about hair. But they probably have a different fetish.

So, I'm not going to be marginalized or deemed weird because short hair is a turn on, instead of long legs. They're just as weird as I am.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 9:37pm
Amen Rod, I understand exactly what you are saying and short haired women DO appreciate you men that like us!.
Also I don't think that guys who like short haired women are weird guys or strange fetish men, they just like women with short hair.
If a guy likes long haired women do they call him a "fetish guy"! Of course not, so how come if guys like our short haired styles they are "fetish guys"?

That is unfair to the guys who like short haired women and unfair to us women who wear short hair.

We are just as feminine and attractive as long haired women! Look at all the guys on the street and at the mall who are with their short haired women. Are they all "fetish guys"? They seem like pretty normal guys to me!
tina
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Jeffrey Hines Jeffrey Hines wrote:

Maybe I wrong. I just don't want to see this board get drowned out by the short hair fetish people.

Jeffrey, let's fact it. Hair isn't exactly the war in Iraq. Men that post on hair boards, long, short, or any other probably have a fetish to some degree. Unless you're a hairdresser, it is a bit unusual for women to obsess so much about hair that they read or post regularly. We can all live in denial and say we don't have any sort of fetish or not use the 'fetish' word because it has gotten a negative connotation.

Let's face it. Everyone has unusual quirks of some sort that are abnormal. Having those is okay. Acting on them is not.

If we eliminated all the people who have a fetish to some degree there would be a post every few days asking if a face shape can support a certain style and no one answering it.

As long as people are constructive and don't use the board for their fetish fantasies, it will be an interesting read at the least and hopefully help some people at the most.

With all the men out there that love long hair, and only long hair, it's probably reassuring for short-haired women to hear that there are some guys who want to objectify them and call them hot.
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 8:53pm
Maybe I wrong. I just don't want to see this board get drowned out by the short hair fetish people.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 8:50pm
I stand corrected. My statement should have been people with short hair. However, the main point was that the focus of the board should not be short hair worship.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 5:42pm
Nor did I find anything demeaning to women.

Tina is right.
Men and women are sexual objects to each other on a primal and instinctive level.

Thank heavens for that !!

And the guys here are very forthcoming with their appreciation of short hair on women....sigh...I wish we had more of that on the Long Hair board.....
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic