Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hairstyles for me...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hairstyles for me...
    Posted: June 29 2003 at 9:20am
Not sure if this will work. But I found this website where you can see what hairstyles will look like on you. I put my mug shot in and have a few saved. tell me which looks best on me! Thanks.

P>S> this is a HORRIBLE picture of me. I am 100x prettier. This is one of those days when i was cleaning the house and my 8 year old took a piccie of me.

Thanks! Link below

http://lhj.com/lhj/category.jhtml?catref=cat2150002

jacqui
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 1:16pm
I couldn't get the pics of you on my computer Jacqui.
tina
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 8:44pm
So Jacqui... if your hair recently measured 18" and your goal is 26"... what kind of style are you looking for?
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 9:34pm
I think Jacqui is one of your people Dave,-(that is a long haired girl, Tee hee!)-.
But she has always been respectful to us short haired types and given us a few compliments!
tina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 7:16am
Dave...No intention of cutting my hair! This is my way of getting the "demons" out. When I get the crazy urge to change something about myself, I perform this little exercise. This is the first time I have posted it into the boards tho.
I have been told MANY times by family members that long hair is the best look for me, so i guess I was just curious what the lovely people on hb would think. I didn't think it would be appropriate to post it on long hair support, the place where I usually hang.

Tina - thanks for the kind words. I Do enjoy reading your posts. Keep em comin.

Jacqui
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 8:36am
We found you!!!

Hey Jacqui - are you playing hide and seek with your chums?

I couldn't get your pics up either.....

I'm sure us longhair fans over on the LH board would happily support you in selecting a hairstyle.

I think our hair is around the same length (mine's at 22 inches) and this in-between stage is a trial to many.
I find it a good point to get creative about hair styling which for me means braid-bead-beautify rather than cut-colour-perm.

But whatever yourneeds and desires are for your hair, do know that it is respected and will be supported.

Take care,

Uzi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 2:16pm
Uzi

Not hiding really...more like floating....from here....to there.....like a leaf where the winds of my interest take me.

I love the beads and braids!! Alas, my hair is so thick that it can't be braided until it is at least 12 more inches long. I do enjoy small braids and love beading. I make bead jewelry when I can.

I just fall into this funk every few years where I think that a new hairstyle will redefine me and change me forever. Looking at myself with the different styles is enough though. I have fun laughing at myself and then I am over the itch.

Jacqui
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 7:26pm
Oh come on Jacqui, you need to swing with us: -----this is the SHORTHAIR board!!!
Why not please us, yourself, and your man and get an adorable short hairdo! I know you would look sensational!!!
Just kidding you Jacqui -----OR AM I???

Let us know after you have made your decision to go for the very short crop Jacqui!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 8:52pm
Cute, Tina... one of "my" people

Jacqui, I don't know why it wouldn't be okay for you to post your thoughts in another forum (not everybody is steadfast in their preferences). If you want support for a decision to have short hair, I'm sure the people here would give that to you.

Hope you don't think Uzi and I were "hunting you down" or something. My "seeing" you here was quite by accident... long story (and way off-topic, too).

I think it best we LH lovers mosey on back to the LH board... Jacqui, you are welcome to stay in either or both fora.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 9:46pm
Yes, Jacqui. Come over to the dark side. Join us. We've been conspiring to pick off you long hairs one by one. [chortle] [chortle] Everything is going according to plan.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 6:37am
Brent and Rod - You guys are too funny!!!

Dave, Uzi and all - There's this thing about us humans that I really love - it is our complexity, and our ability to think and feel a multitude of things, without eliminating any one thing, or making any one thing more important than the other(if we choose not to, of course).
I love short hair looks as much as I love long haired looks. Basing my opinions on the condition of the hair and how it suits it's owner. I don't put hair on the same level as an arm or a leg.
God (or whomever one believes - or none) purposely made it without feeling for a reason. It would matt and tangle in prehistoric days, making it so man would need to rip, tear or cut those parts off for fear of getting tangled in a bush while being chased by a wild animals. BUT - I absolutely love that the folks at LHS do feel this way for you guys are my rock. I go to LH to feel inspired. You guys do that. I know you weren't hunting me doen (lol!!) Uzi posts here often, as well as you Dave.

My reason for wearing my hair long is that my hair is one of my best qualities. almost 4 inches in perimeter when held in a ponytail (after it is grown to about bsl or longer)and the brown of a freshed brewed cup of columbian coffee. When it is short, you don't see that. You just see my square jawline (not too fond of accentuating it.)

It is wonderful to feel and look at.

I do enjoy coming here because I enjoy the passion short people have for their hair too.

jacqui
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic