Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

makeup with short hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: makeup with short hair
    Posted: July 06 2003 at 8:27pm
I recently cut my hair short and I'm not really used to it yet. I used to wear little or no makeup but with my hair this short I sort of feel the need to dress my face up a little. I was wondering if other short haired women out there also felt this way and if so, what sorts of makeup you think looks right with short hair.

Thanks,
Bronnie
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 10:42pm
I have very short hair and I usually wear eye makeup.
I think at least eye makeup and a pair of nice earrings are a must for a short haired woman.

On most days I wear eye makeup, earrings, a necklace, and nosestuds in my pierced nostrils.
tina
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 10:46pm
Bronnie, when you last posted your hair was to your shoulder blades. You listed the pros and cons of cutting your hair. We tried to help. What put you over the top? How short did you decide to go? Are the pros outweighing the cons?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 11:43pm
*shrugs* I don't think a lot of make-up is necessary with short hair. If you're used to wearing little or none, it's fine to just go with that. Depending on the style and the woman wearing it, sometimes too much make-up can make you look like David Bowie or Eddie Izzard or something. Definitely you should keep it more in the natural shades, and try not to cake on too much.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 11:55pm
"shrugs" True Kuroneko, "shrugs", too much makeup isn't good.

A little makeup is just fine though, a little eyeliner and mascara done right can add a little beauty to a lady!

Kuroneko, by the way, if I remember correctly,..... myself and someone else asked you where your unusual and pretty name came from, what nationality it is or whatever?

Just curious.
tina
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 9:38am
Thanks Tina and everyone for your thoughts. You'll have to trust me that drag queen isn't really the look I'm going for .

Rod, I'm not sure what changed my mind. I had pretty much decided that what I really wanted was to have really short hair for the summer but that I would miss my hair come fall and that I would just get it trimmed to about my shoulders. I'm not normally so impulsive but when I sat down in the chair though I just sort of found myself telling him to please cut it really short. It kind of surprised me, but once I said it it seemed like what I really wanted.

I think I just really needed a change and it has been about 9000 degrees here and I was so sick of wearing all my hair piled up on my head and it seemed like If I was ever going to try it that now was the best time.

It is longer on top like 3 or 4 inches but tapers to very short in back and above the ears on the sides. I thought it would look pretty much like it does when I wear it up but somehow it is really different and I am still kind of freaking out every time I pass a mirror.

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 9:35pm
Bronnie, you've made a real change. It'll seem different. Some of it will be exciting and some regretful. Now you get to discover a whole new you. Use the opportunity. Try different ways to do your hair. With a cut like yours you can change parts, wear the bangs down, or slick it back. You can spike up your hair with gel.

As for make-up, go to the department store and try the Clinique counter. The make-up artist there will apply make-up for free and tell you a thing or two that you didn't know about yourself.

Short hair emphasizes the eyes and the cheek bones more than long hair. This is because a person's eyes go to the ends of your hair. You can have the same bangs on a short-haired woman as a long-haired woman, but you'll see their faces differently.

If you have a thin face, you'll emphasize that. If you have a fatter face, you'll emphasize that too. You should do your make-up with that in mind.
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 2:56pm
I think make-up with short hair is pretty but if u are gonna where it remember "less is more",u dont wanna look like a clown after your done but me personally i prefer natural beauty and im not just saying this because im only in high school and i dont need 2 wear make-up yet,besides i dont really like make-up anyway because i have wore a little or it like twice 4 2 proms i had and when i got home i couldnt wait 2 take it off. Overall my advice is just go 4 natural beauty.
---------->I love<3 this game!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic