Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

faux hawk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: faux hawk
    Posted: July 10 2003 at 10:26pm
Fallon,

If you wear a septum ring in the middle of your nose try having just one nostril pierced, preferably the left nostril which is more traditional for women.
Wear a small thin gold septum ring and a diamond or gold nosestud in your nostril. That is a nice look, I have seen women with that look.

Another nice look is wear a small thin gold septum ring and then a small gold nosering in your left nostril. You can also wear a thin gold nosechain from your nostrilring attached to an earring.

I rarely do that but I do own a couple of nostril chains. You can have these designed for you by a jewelry designer, check your local yellow pages.

I have thought of getting my septum pierced. If I only had one nostril pierced I would consider it but having three noserings might be too much, so I will just stay with the earrings and the two nostril studs.

Nipple piercing is interesting. I may some day get one or both nipples pierced. I have seen women with beautiful gold nipple rings that are gorgeous.

Let us know how short you cut your hair and what style you ultimately go to.
I wear a short pixie myself. I am a natural blonde.

Good luck with your rock band too!!!
tina
fallon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2003 at 5:26pm
yes, fallon is a girls name tina...its one of those old wierd celtic names, not so common i know.
and yes, i have a boyfriend and he loves my hair. he met me when it was really long and totally supported me in cutting it and has even helped me cut it myself sometimes. he just doesnt care one way or the other so much cause he says he loves me no matter what color or length my hair is (awwww, hehe). the funny thing is that his hair has been growing and mine has been 'shrinking' since we got together, his hair is longer than mine is right now, and i am the same with him, with a shaved head like he had when we met to the longish hair that falls so cutely to his chin now i think he always looks great, we just are very self expressive people and i like that we both allow each other the freedom to be that way.
and as far as the piercings goes, he also likes those. he has quite a few himself actually. and ya, i guess i figured as far as the nostril piercings, it just would be overkill having that much jewelry in my nose at once and i wanted to try the septum cause its just something different. although i think that nostril piercings look super hot on girls who have them.
i play in what i suppose youd call a 'hardcore' band...which means kinda like metal with a lot of screaming, haha. although im such a huge fan of all sorts of music, and ive played in other types of bands in the past that were a bit more tame. i play drums. ive played since i was nine so its kinda just a part of me...me and annoying tapping on everything everywhere i go seems to go together.
anyways, im glad i found this board cause im still somewhat new on the short hair bandwagon and surely will have many more questions about styles and care in the future. i kinda have a sick obsession with my hair (constantly changing styles and coloring), i did when it was long too, some things never change i suppose.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 10:36pm
Wow, that is alot of piercings fallon! The nipples and septum piercings are interesting!

I have some piercings but not as much as you have. ...I have three piercings in each ear and each nostril pierced. That's it.
I usually only wear one or two pairs of earrings. Only once in a while three pairs of earrings.
I usually wear small studs, not rings, in my nostrils.

With all those piercings I'm surprised you don't have your nostrils pierced fallon. Nostrils are a fairly common piercing these days.

I assume that fallon is a female name, correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you have a man in your life that you are with fallon?-(or a woman if you are thus inclined?)-
What does your partner think of your piercings and short hair? And how does he/she wear their hair?

Also, what kind of music do you play in your band? Do you sing or play an instrument or both?
tina
fallon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 3:15pm
agreed, without humour how can any of us survive this crazy world? and im not easily offended so...i had a chuckle at the posts anyhows. and to answer about the piercings, i have my septum, labret, 2g stretched lobes, the obligatory navel and tongue piercings, nipples, tragus (the inner dealy in your ears)...um, thats it so far, now that i list them it seems rather tame to me, but i just dont really want any more for a while. im running out of areas on the body to pierce! i need more money to expand on the tattoo art on my body...aaah, but someday! about the faux or fashion hawk...i kinda wanted to try it because i want a punk look for when i want, but still be able to look somewhat "normal" when i have my retainers in my facial piercings and dont feel like or cant be a freak for whatever reasons. so i was thinking that would be a great way to go cause when i dont want the pointy spikyness on top i can always just comb it down. and since the next colour in my hair is going to be hot pink, i thought it might be fun. we shall see! what do you all think?
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 9:38pm
Yes I like to have a little fun, it isn't good for any of us to always be heavy.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Brent!
tina
Brent E.. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 3:35pm
If you read what Tina posts on the different boards you would realize she likes to joke with people a bit.
Tina is one of the better people here. I always enjoy her writings.
Yes miss fallon, short hair does rock! What sort of piercings do you have?
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 3:13pm
your welcome
fallon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 2:17pm
wow i didnt think this would cause such controversy! hehe, yes it may seem like a silly hairstyle for some, but i am in a band and can get away with more than a lot of people i suppose, or i guess i should say i just dont really care, if you saw the amount of piercings i have you may see what i mean, people surely call me more than a chicken at times, lol. thank you tons for the picture btw! short hair rocks!
beccababe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beccababe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 2:04pm
this forum seems like such a soap opera, but I have to agree with jennifer. tina is acting hypocritical and should practice what she preaches. __**ducking and running for cover while I go back to lurk mode**__
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 11:38am
Ah well Jennifer.
tina
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 8:07am
The logic does not follow at all, given my previous post!

Ah well.
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 1:29am
As long as the poster doesn't try to personally insult someone else, there's nothing wrong with thinking a certain hairstyle looks bad. It's good to have opinions about things like that,otherwise how would you decide which hairstyle you liked best for yourself?
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 12:21am
Also I might very well add,

I wear a nice, pretty, well trimmed pixie cut Jennifer, it is very attractive, as I am sure your hair is.

I don't wear a "chicken" cut!
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 12:18am
Because, did you look at that hairstyle Jennifer, it looks like a chicken!!!
Besides I was just kidding around with the girly Jennifer couldn't you tell? Besides I have to give teeangers a bad time. Us adults no better than them!

Besides, don't you know by now Jennifer that I am usually right!!!

Have a nice Monday, or is that Xday evening Jennifer!-(tee hee)-
tina
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 11:55pm
Quote hat an awful hairstyle on a man or a woman.

Just out of curiosity, why would you get upset and insulted when I made a suggestion about making short hair more feminine (which is NOT the same as saying that short hair is not feminine -- one can speak of making long hair more feminine as well) and yet you feel comfortable to make an outright unmistakeable insult over a particular hairstyle?

What if someone looked at your hairstyle and said those exact same words?
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 10:39pm
Pink can get away with it because she is rich, famous and has a great body!-(tee hee)-
Celebrities can get away with anything!
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 10:37pm
I shouldn't have been so harsh fallon.
Go ahead get the faux hawk haircut.

And then everyone in your school can call you "chicken girl"!

Hope that helps!
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 10:25pm
What an awful hairstyle on a man or a woman. You would look like a chicken! Silly!
Maybe good for a 13 year old. .....Nah, not even for that age group.
The worst,far worse even than a mohawk!
tina
hairguy00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairguy00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 10:16pm
hello,
its also called a fashion hawk, its a style where it its long it the middle of the head say like 3-4 inches while the rest of the hair is shorter like 1-2 inches and the wearer uses pomade to make the middle part stand up looking almost like a mo-hawk just less severe...

here is a pic of one, sorry though its on a guy, but its the same cut

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~jak2j/mohawk.htm
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 8:56pm
Ok, I'll reveal my stupidity here but what is a faux hawk? I have a beanie baby hawk that is quite short but somehow I don't think that is what you are talking about.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic