Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paging Jeffrey Hines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paging Jeffrey Hines
    Posted: July 08 2003 at 9:41pm
Thanks for your nice reply Jeffrey!
tina
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2003 at 1:01am
Tina,

It's ok.. We all have bad days. Mine wasn't so good either.

Personally I don't believe that fetishes are necessarily bad things. I have my own fetishes as well.

Just as fetishes are bad for a person if they become all consuming, they are bad for forums if they become the dominant subject matter. I don't believe that they have in the short hair forum, but it could happen very quickly. Once you lose control, its spirals downward until it hit rock-bottom.

Karen & I & the moderators are responsible to keep that from happening. It's not easy to decide what is good for the forums and what's bad for the forums. I sure we will not always get it right 100% of the time. However, its is something we must do.

If I have offended you in any way, I sincerely applogize. Rest assured that it certainly was not intentional.

Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 11:37pm
Jeffrey,

If I overeacted I apologize Jeffrey. It has been that kind of day and my five year old daughter is sick and annoyed-(nothing serious)-. And other stuff going on with me.
I guess I was a little irritated, I didn't mean to be too harsh.

Jeffrey, I reread your posts and what you wrote and I might have misinterpeted some of what you said.

But I guess women like myself with short hair get tired of people questioning why we wear our hair so short. And this idea that men who like short haired women are "fetishists" but women who like long haired men aren't, or men who like long haired women aren't, THAT is what bothers me.

It seems that some people think it strange that women wear their hair short and that some guys like that on women. Why are we considered the fetishists and no one else?

THAT is what I meant, THAT is what insults me, like I have to defend my decision to wear short hair,-(which seems especially weird because many women DO wear short hair nowadays so why is it considered a fetish? Why is that even brought up?)-

That is what I meant to say Jeffrey. But it is your board, do what you like.
tina
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 11:21pm
Tina m,

May I remind you that you are a guest in HairBoutique.com's living room.

Most people would respect the wishes of their hosts.

How exactly did I insult you? I don't believe that I have ever even mentioned you.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 9:19pm
I would like Mr. Hines to read what I wrote on the STARTING OVER magnet thread. I would like to have him address my point about hypocrisy and read what else I have written there.

I joke around plenty on this board but I am serious in what I wrote there . I don't like being insulted and I don't like prejudice or hypocrisy!
tina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic