Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nice compliment on my hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice compliment on my hair
    Posted: August 30 2003 at 1:07am
Today I was at a local shopping mall with my ex-husband whom I still spend quite a bit of time with, and a man and a woman, about in their 30s, came up to me and my ex-husband, and the man said to me, "I really like your short hairstyle! You look great! I wish my wife would get her hair cut like that!" I have gotten compliments before but this was from a complete stranger who just approached me with his lady and his enthusiasim took me aback a little. I said thanks of course. Then his wife, who had sort of a mid-length hairstyle just above her shoulders, said, "Yeah, I really should try a short crop like that." Then she commented on my nose studs and earrings too,(I was wearing gold nose studs and a long pair of gold drop earrings), how she liked the jewelry. I was really flattered by these people!!! They were very sincere. It was very nice.

Just thought I would let you all know that there are people who really do appreciate ladies with hair as short as mine.

It is nice to be appreciated!!!
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2003 at 5:03am
*wishes there were more people out there like that*
More awesome than a manatee!
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2003 at 11:37am
Tina:
Great!
You are absolutely right in saying many people appreciate short crop hairdos on women. My wife recieves some nice looks and compliments too with her short hair style.
Your look is very attractive I'm sure, with the ear and nose jewelry and attractive pixie hairdo!
Good going lady!!!!!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2003 at 3:51pm
Kuroneko. I guess the fact that not everyone does compliment you makes compliments special when they happen.

Thanks Brent. I like my look, so it was nice to get the compliment!

I wonder if that woman will get her hair cut real short?
tina
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 12:56am
Tina I usually am the first one to complement a woman I meet on thier hair but tend to refrain from complementing a total stranger on their hair... Just comes off as a come on from a single male....

But It was much easier when I had a girl with me....
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 10:52am
That sounds nice Tina. It is good to get such a compliment.
I get a compliment on my super-short afro once in a while from the people who love short hair on women or just people who like the look on me. I get compliments more often when I'm dressed up and wearing hoop or long earrings.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 5:24pm
I bet you do recieve compliments Jasmine!!!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 6:52pm
Yes Tony, it probably does seem less threatning to a woman if it is a man who is with a woman giving the compliment to another woman.

But then again the woman you are with might not like that, but that was not the case with the guy and woman who complimented me, they both seemed interested in my short hairstyle.
tina
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 5:00pm
Its great to get unsolicited compliments like that!

I like to think I don't want or need anyone's approval when it comes to my hair but that said...... I expected my friends to say nice things about my hair when I got it cut whether they liked it or not but I was feeling sort of insecure about it so I didn't know if I believed them or not.......no matter I told myself its just great to have friends that are supportive.

When two of my friends decided to cut their hair short soon after seeing mine I knew they really did like it and I have to say it makes me love my short hair now. I guess I like peoples' approval more than I want to admit.

Thanks Tina for posting this.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 5:44pm
On these boards, there is often a message that's there's something wrong with wanting/needing the approval of others or doing something trendy. The most important thing is to be happy with yourself, but it's okay to let other people influence you. That may make you insecure, but it's also a recognition you live on a planet with other people. I care what my friends and girlfriend think. Sometimes, they're smarter than I am. I know my girlfriend is. She tells me.

Making a decision only because of what other people tell you means you're not thinking for yourself. Ignoring what other people tell you is self-centered. Listening and taking good ideas is well-rounded.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 9:50pm
Good comments Bronnie and Rod!.
Thanks!
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 3:53am
Even if you don't need anyone's approval, sometimes it still feels good to hear compliments. So long as you're not helpless to make your own decisions without askign others, and you're not basing your decisions solely on what other people think, I guess you're all right.

Originally posted by bronnie bronnie wrote:

Its great to get unsolicited compliments like that!

I like to think I don't want or need anyone's approval when it comes to my hair but that said...... I expected my friends to say nice things about my hair when I got it cut whether they liked it or not but I was feeling sort of insecure about it so I didn't know if I believed them or not.......no matter I told myself its just great to have friends that are supportive.

When two of my friends decided to cut their hair short soon after seeing mine I knew they really did like it and I have to say it makes me love my short hair now. I guess I like peoples' approval more than I want to admit.

Thanks Tina for posting this.
More awesome than a manatee!
shinydome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinydome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2003 at 2:02am
first of all: i bet jasmin gets a lot of compiments about her very short hair, especially when she dresses up. jasmine, do u wear high-heeled platform sandals too? what do u prefer: skirts or pants?

i had my head shaved several times. i always got a lot of compliments. the complaints (much less than compliments) didn't bother me because i know that i look beautiful and sexy with a freshly shaved head. self-confidence is the best way to show the people how proud you are with your head shaved
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2003 at 9:47pm
You are braver than I am shinydome. I don't know if I'm quite ready to shave my head.
I have to admit, I have seen some bald women who do look stunning.
I guess I'll just stay with my short pixie for now. A half inch to an inch of hair is plenty short enough for me.
tina
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2003 at 11:10am
Shinydome:
You indeed do sound very brave and adventurous! A woman after my own heart.
My wife has also experimented with a shaved head. She still wears her hair very short. She looks great either way.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2003 at 5:12pm
Tina,
I've seen you on the long and short hair boards. I know you like to come and visit us.. I was just curious to know how short your hair is. I think some people look better with short and vice versa, I personally just like long for myself!

Cya on the long board
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2003 at 10:11pm
Laine, my hair is one-half inch to an inch long, a short pixie.
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2003 at 10:11pm
tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

tina
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

tina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic