Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does anyone here have a wife/girlfriend with short hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone here have a wife/girlfriend with short hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone here have a wife/girlfriend with short hair?
    Posted: October 06 2003 at 9:39am
Just curious:
How many people who write here, have significant others with short hair. What type of short hair does your lady wear?

My wife has had very short hair for nearly two years now;----- from a short bob to a pixie to her current super-short crewcut style hairdo.

Very feminine women look so very good with short hairdos!
Ellestin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 1:39pm
My girlfriend wears her hair more or less short for three years, but is intending to grow it out to her shoulders. The shortest she had it was cropped almost to her scalp, and my favourite style was an auburn-dyed short pixie
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 6:59pm
Brent, How short is your wifes hair excactly? I wear mine in a 1/4 inch buzzcut - my husband doesnot write on here, so I thought I would answer. I was just curious if she likes it as much as you do? Thanks! Debbie
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 9:25pm
Wow Debbie! I knew you had short hair but I didn't realize that you wore a buzzcut! That's REALLY short girl!!! And I thought my hair was short!

Hair that short must be really easy to take care of Debbie. You don't even need to brush it or style it!

You said you are married Debbie. What does your husband think of you wearing a buzzcut? Did he ask you to cut it that short or did you just get it cut that short because you wanted it that short?

How long have you been wearing a buzzcut Debbie?
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 1:09am
My wife currently has a short crop growing out from a short pixie. Before that it was a Louise Brooks bob. I've helped her grow it out any number of times over the past ten years and she has let me cut it into any number of bobs, crops and pixies. After Christmas she wants to grow it out long, so the current crop (cap cut) is the last hurrah for a while for me. I'm hoping she might keep it in a lip length bob for a while though when it gets that long.

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 7:57am
Hi Tina! My husband tolerates my hair. He said it is my head and I have to wear it. ( He has long hair- shoulder leghtn). It is super easy to care for and a great wash and wear style. I am thinking about letting it grow out some as I have had it this way for a while now. Any ideas? I do change my mind frequently - so donot be surprised if I do grow it out and then I cut it back off again. Tina my hair is natural curly- think I could get by with a pixie- or no? That is a thought! Debbie
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 9:58am
My wife's hair ranges from a pixie in the summer months to a longer version of it in the winter. In summertime, I use a #5 attachment on the sides and back for her and she trims the top.

It was longer when I met her, she gradually went shorter over the years –- to my utter delight. She knows about my fondness of/fetish for short hair and is great about it.
Peace to all
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 3:33pm
When I first met my (soon to be) wife, she had hair to her butt. Within a year it was bra length. Couple more years and it was chin length. She has worn it in a pixie, bob, and the current layered crop. Her hair never gets past chin length. I want her to go back to the pixie for awhile but I don't think she will.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 8:31pm
Thanks everyone for responding. Great to know that many of you have, and love, short haired ladies!

Debbie to answer your question, my wife's hair at present is a little longer than a buzzcut, but not quite as long as a short pixie.
She was shaving her head bald for a while when she wasn't working and is growing her hair out from that. She is back working again and may grow it out to a short pixie or even longer to a short bob length again.
However she has also discussed getting a buzzcut or going back to a bald shaved head again too, so who knows what she will do?
One thing she doesn't want to do is grow long hair again. She has just had enough of that and has no desire to wear her hair long again, which is fine with me, I like her better in short hair.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2003 at 12:08am
Debbie, it depends how curly your hair is.

If it is just wavy, you could easily wear a pixie but if it is really curly, a pixie style would be more difficult, however you could still wear it that length, it would just be a short curly style, which could look very good. I've seen women with short curly styles that look great!

If you don't like it you could always go back to a buzzcut again.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 6:03am
Currently I don't have anyone at all, but I definitely prefer short-haired women. I don't care too much about what style, as long as I can see the ears and neck. I think those are the sexiest parts of a woman :-) .
Breaking gender stereotypes is important to me, so I like the very short styles labelled "more boyish", but it's a bit weird, I also really like playing with hair and hair accessories and all, so she couldn't be totally opposed to that, either. . . *shrugs* I guess that's why I'm single, because I can't really stick down my preferences to one thing or another so easily.
More awesome than a manatee!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 6:07am
I had one of those before. I liked it a lot, because I didn't have to do anything to it, but the people around me seemed not to like it so much :-P .
Of course, if my hair gives me too much more trouble, I might consider going back to that :-P . It's having a really****phase right now of not wanting to lie right no matter how I comb it :-P . *pokes it* Mean, tempermental hair :-P .

Originally posted by Debbie Debbie wrote:

Brent, How short is your wifes hair excactly? I wear mine in a 1/4 inch buzzcut - my husband doesnot write on here, so I thought I would answer. I was just curious if she likes it as much as you do? Thanks! Debbie
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2003 at 7:15pm
Yes Kuroneko buzzcuts are easy to care for.

The bottom line is:
if a woman is attractive with a pretty face and the right attitute, she can wear very short hair, even a buzzcut or a shaved head and pull it off and look extraordinarily good and very feminine!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2003 at 7:01pm
Yes, I agree! You do need to be confident!
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Zoie Wells View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoie Wells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 7:22pm
I used to wear my hair long, well belong my shoulders for years because my husband "loved" my hair long and I promised him I would never cut it short. He has always been quite attentive and has made me a very happy woman. My divorced friends have commented on how lucky I was to have a husband who was such a devoted partner, who did much more than his share at home raising the kids, cleaning, cooking, taking care of sick kids and being a great guy I could trust that never chased after skirts like their ex's. One afternoon at the salon, without first talking to my husband about it, I had a stylist give me an "updated look" and she cut it into a very short style that was about 2 inches on top and down to 1/4 inch at the nape, and added color. It was red and it stuck up all over, even without gel! I felt shocked by the end result. I expressed my feelings of concern, yet she told me I looked great, I calmed downed, felt better and I even walked out the door feeling pretty (like the emperor with no clothes) expecting a stream of compliments and to be fawned over by my husband for being such a stylish lady. What I received was weird stares.
That evening my husband came home after being gone for work that week, and he flipped his wig! He was like a hurt child. He asked why did I do such a thing? He got real quiet and broaded the whole weekend. I never saw him so angry, so hurt or distant from me. It has been a couple months with no intimate relations and I am feeling neglected. I truly believe he wouldn't cheat on me, but I'm sure he must feel urges like I do.
He has been very cool, but polite, and very terse with me. You would have thought I cheated on him! I agree that this style is probably not the most becoming on me. He has been spending alot more time with projects at home, time with the kids, watching sports, or time with his family rather than spend time with me.
Lots of women cut their hair short and their husbands don't seem to care. Why should mine? Deep down I feel scared, I feel like if I ever dare to cut my hair again, my husband will disown me for good. Has anyone else had this situation happen with their husband? I feel like a leper. While I may not be attractive to him, I do not feel I deserve to be ignored so. Was I truly that bad a person? I have noticed him look at long haired women out in public just a little too long to suit me, but I have not raised the issue, fearing he will unload on me. Please be compassionate, don't give me the self righteous line, I do not want to lose my family over a bad haircut, I just want my husband to look at me and think I am beautiful again. Should I apologize for going back on my word and ask him to forgive me or tough it out the next couple of years?
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 9:24pm
Zoie:
Every man has his personal preference in hairstyles on women. I prefer women with short hair.
If your husband prefers women with long hair then grow your hair long for him unless it bothers you to have long hair.
As far as religion goes, as it says in the Bible, it is what is in your heart that is most important, not such trivial things as hairstyles.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2003 at 12:39am
Tough situation. As a husband myself, I hope I put things like a haircut into perspective. It's only hair. I would love my wife with long, short or no hair. I love the woman, not the hair. I would tell your husband how you feel. Tell him that you didn't intend to hurt him, that you are sorry he is upset, but it's only hair. I know it is a harsh thing to say, but if he would break up a family over a haircut, then he does not deserve a caring person such as yourself. I hope things work out...good luck
MariesCaR510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariesCaR510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2003 at 2:05am
Zoie, I'm sure your husbands probably a pretty cool guy from the things you've said about him, but why should something so superficial as a hairstyle concern him so much? Are you truly afraid of being left by him because of a hairstyle? If you like the style then maybe you should roll with it. If you don't like it that's another story, but he sounds like he is taking this a bit too serious and maybe he should stand by you especially if you like the ease of having short hair. Is he going to be able to choose what clothes and makeup to wear too?
Just my two cents ... grow it back out if you're that concerned.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2003 at 2:35am
He's just sulking. He probably thinks if he pouts like a child long enough you'll break down and give him what he wants.
You sound like you were happy enough with the style when you left the salon, it's just the bad reactions that have upset you. If you're fine with the way you look, don't let anyone else get you down. As coworkers and others go, you don't have to explain anything to them. Just ignore their remarks and they'll stop as soon as they find someone else to pick on, just like schoolyard bullies.
Your husband probably feels like you did it with some intention of hurting him, and it might just help if you tell him it had nothing at all to do with him. Tell him you did it for yourself, because you needed a change. If he asks why you didn't ask him first, you can say that after all this time you figured he loved you as a person, not just for a hairstyle, and so you figured he wouldn't mind. If he's a reasonable person, telling him it wasn't meant to hurt him, and that you were just doing what would make you happy, should get him off your back about it.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2003 at 6:19am
Zoie - You need to get ANGRY!! How dare he make you feel bad about having your hair cut? When he made his vows to you...did he include "in sickness and in health, but NOT if she gets her hair cut"? You need to ask him where his love really lies....if he gained 40 pounds and became bald, would he expect you to ostracize him?
You should not wear your hair for anyone but yourself. maybe if he had been kinder about it, i would say, grow it out for him....but he has been a jerk about it. If he will only love and desire you if you look a certain way, what will happen when you age? In my opinion of course and i am only going by what you have written here.

i hope you are able to find a good meeting ground with your husband and resolve this.

P.S. When I cut my hair ultrashort a few years back, people asked me the same thing (about comingout of the closet) - Why do people think this way? Lesbians come in all shapes, sizes and hairstyles. Why the short hair stereotype?

Jacqui
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic