Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's your favorite short hairstyle from the past 100 years?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's your favorite short hairstyle from the past 100 years?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's your favorite short hairstyle from the past 100 years?
    Posted: October 07 2003 at 1:16am
A whole century of short hairstyles from the flappers bobs (man would I have loved to have been a young man in the '20s!) to the pixies of the '60's and the boyish and incredibly sexy crops of the '90s. I doubt I could choose one favorite because I like them all. Whats yours?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 9:07am
Faith Hills "With this Kiss" look... add a few soft bangs and thats about as good as it gets for me!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 3:25pm
Boy that is hard to choose. If I could only choose one I think it would have to be the bob. While some of the sexy crops are better, the bob never looks bad. I prefer a chin length bob with short to medium bangs.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 4:29pm
That's a tough question to answer; there are so many. I'll have to list a few:

Vera Miles in Five Branded Women started it all for me when I was very little (although most wouldn't consider her as having a hairstyle for that movie)

Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Photos/Mia_Farrow.gif

Kimberly Foster on Dallas (the TV show)
http://www.hairboutique.com/JerkyFlea/02-2000/Images/k13.jpg

Charlize Theron in the Astronaut's Wife
http://www.uwe.peterson.claranet.de/private/moviefaces/actress/t/charlizetheron.jpg

Sharon Stone in Sphere (I'm trying to get my wife to go back to that style; she has a shoulder length bob now)
http://website.lineone.net/~pinksuburbia/sharon1.jpg

Teri Polo in the Arrival
http://www.romicortierdesign.com/photogal/celebstyles_11.html

But my absolute favorite haircut can be found here http://usuarios.lycos.es/chicasrapadas/photos/15/page_01.htm being worn by Eve Savail.

HAWG
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 8:38pm
It really depends on the woman. Different short styles look better on different women.
With some it's a short bob cut.
With others a cute short pixie.
The 1920s short perm can be nice on some women. You still see that once in a while.
Crewcuts, buzzcuts and shaved bald, also look sensational on some women!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2003 at 2:57pm
I would have to say bob cuts and short pixies are my favorite short hairstyles.
I like the photos HAWG! My favorite is Charlize Theron's short pixie. That is more or less how I wear my hair.
tina
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 6:27am
I like the Mia Farrow and the Twiggy, that '60s kind fo pixie-ish look was really nice. The '20s fingerwaves are kinda cool, too, but that just looks really high-maintenance, and I'm a really low-maintenance girl, myself.
More awesome than a manatee!
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 7:36am
So many to choose from...

Janine Turner's crop on "Northern Exposure."
Charlize Theron in "Astronaut's Wife."
Louise Brooks' classic bob.
Silvia Salemi (Italian pop singer) when she sported a buzzcut.
Dorothy Hamill's wedge.

Pick any of the above as my fave.
Peace to all
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2003 at 8:34pm
I like the short 1920s perm too.
I also like pixies.

In the case of Black women like myself, a short straightened hair look like Halle Berry wears I like.
I wear my hair in a very short natural afro cut close to my scalp. I like that look.
And on the right woman a shaved bald head.(with big hoops or long earrings) I very much liked shaving my head bald and smooth the years I wore it that way.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 5:07am
Yes, those are very nice :-) . Although with the bald head, you have to be careful, because you have to have the right head shape for it. . . but you never know if you have the right head shape unless you do shave it, so that's a bit of a problem. *sweatdrops*
Oh, and I also like the flippy kinda hairstyle like Halle wore for a while, that was cute. A lot of the shorter flippy styles of the past few years look nice, but my fine, stick-straight hair wouldn't flip out evenly (or stay, even if it did) even if I tried to bribe it :-P . Ah well.
Looking through my frighteningly large collection of saved hairstyle pics from around the Internet, I guess I'd have to say the hair I like best is hair that looks soft, or has some nice texture going on, or just generally hair that looks nice to touch. I like the way very short hair feels, with all the layers making it all soft, almost fur-like :-) .

Originally posted by BaldJasmine BaldJasmine wrote:

In the case of Black women like myself, a short straightened hair look like Halle Berry wears I like.
I wear my hair in a very short natural afro cut close to my scalp. I like that look.
And on the right woman a shaved bald head.(with big hoops or long earrings) I very much liked shaving my head bald and smooth the years I wore it that way.
More awesome than a manatee!
Mark E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 6:50pm
Favorite cuts for me are short bobs with a shaved nape or short pixies. I also like Alyssa Milano's new cut that she is sporting! Very sexy.
Mark E
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 1:17am
**** Agreed!
Alyssa looks wonderful! She, like Halle Berry, could be a poster girl for short hair on women!
IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 9:21pm
Doubly agreed!
mwadeebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwadeebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2003 at 4:04pm
You all covered the ones I love also.I would only add Denise Oreardons buzzcut(the cranberrys) and several crewcuts she's had also.I think a delicate neck and ears are really enhanced with fuzzy cuts like crewcuts and flattops and of course we all love the abrupt transition of an inverted bob with a buzzclippered nape,shorn past the occipital bone.
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 7:41pm
My all time favor was my girl T-Boz's cut from TLC. I like it so much im gettin my hair cut just like how she had hers the in the spring,maybe soon but most likely in the spring because goin from medium long 2 short is a big change and especially 2 be getting done in the winter when u know u gon have 2 wear a hat because it would be so cold but then who wants 2 be covering a brand new 'do with a hat when u know u gon wanna show it off right?.....my point exactly.
---------->I love<3 this game!
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 7:53pm
Hi Queenzballa!
Yes T-Boz of TLC does have a cute short hairstyle!
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 7:53pm
Hi Queenzballa!
Yes T-Boz of TLC does have a cute short hairstyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic