Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want a change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rhodygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhodygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want a change
    Posted: October 17 2003 at 6:28pm
It's been a few months since I cut my shoulder-length hair to a chin length bob. I'm ready for another change--thinking about going shorter, but not sure how much.

My hair is thick and straight, but it will hold a curl. I have sort of an oval-shaped face. I've been told I look like Alison Krauss (a bluegrass singer) and have even been mistaken for her.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2003 at 8:46pm
I know who Alison Krause is! She's a bluegrass singer and musician. She's an attractive brunette.

Well if you look like her, I think you might want to try a pixie. That might look good on you.

Whatever style you go to, plllleeeeease, go to a good beauty salon. Spend the extra money and have it done right. Go to the yellow pages and call around to the salons in your area and find a beautician who really knows how to do short crops and has experience with it.
Short hair if it's cut right can look so good on a lady! I love my short pixie style!

Good luck, let us know girl what kind of hairstyle you get!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2003 at 11:28pm
Do you have layers? You could go with the flippy style. I think Allison is wearing that now. How about Martina McBrides style?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2003 at 12:28am
If you have thick hair and an oval face, you could probably do pretty much whatever you wanted, and as long as you haven't got any weird cowlicks or anything, it should come out perfect.
Since you say your hair will hold a curl, maybe you should do something a little longer than a pixie, though. If you have a bit longer layers you could scrunch in waves or use small rollers, pins, whatever for curls, if you wanted.
More awesome than a manatee!
rhodygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhodygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 9:25pm
Thanks for the responses! It's funny you should mention Martina McBride, because I absolutely love her music!

I went to the salon last night. By that time, I had almost talked myself into just getting a trim, but I decided to go for it. I ended up with sort of a pixie, like Mary Stuart Masterson's cut in Some Kind of Wonder
Now, to me, that's a drastic change, but would you believe that I went to class today and NOBODY noticed?! UGH!
rhodygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhodygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2003 at 9:28pm
Whoops! Meant to say "Some Kind of Wonderful." This is what happens when you're trying to quit caffeine! (LOL)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 1:34am
I hate when that happens :-P . The least people can do is acknowledge there's a difference! If they don't, I kinda get paranoid, thinking the silence must mean they don't like it or something.

Originally posted by rhodygirl rhodygirl wrote:

I went to the salon last night. By that time, I had almost talked myself into just getting a trim, but I decided to go for it. I ended up with sort of a pixie, like Mary Stuart Masterson's cut in Some Kind of Wonder
Now, to me, that's a drastic change, but would you believe that I went to class today and NOBODY noticed?! UGH!
More awesome than a manatee!
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 11:20am
Rhodygirl - I bet it looks awesome. I love "Some Kind of Wonderful" . It is one of my all time fave movies - Eric Stoltz is total candy. MSM has a look all her own in that movie and is way more captivating than Leah. Enjoy the new style!

jacqui
~QueenzBalla~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~QueenzBalla~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 5:05pm
Yeah im looking 4 a change 2 thats why like i said b4 im bout 2 get it cut like T-Boz had hers on the CrazySexyCool album....now thats a cute 'do right there dont yall think?
---------->I love<3 this game!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic